BUYER BEWARE! NuVision TM970W510L is an Onda V919 variant which is prone to failure

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by sonichedgehog360, Mar 6, 2017.

1. jseger9000

jseger9000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to know. I've never used the case or keyboard that came with the tablet, but that and your drivers would have saved me some woe when I upgraded.

For what it's worth, I bought my tablet back in April and everything is still working fine. The tablet is now less than $70.00. I think it is a very good deal.

2. tj3818

tj3818 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with OTG. I got my tablet a few days ago and upgraded it to windows 10 with the media creation tool completely painlessly. When I try to plug in a flash drive, USB hub, or USB keyboard however, Windows says that the latest device I'd plugged in was not recognized. In device manager a device with an error shows up under USB controllers and states that "a request for the USB device descriptor failed" and the error code shows as 43. Anyone experience a similar issue/know of a solution?

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just an intuitive suggestion. Go into BIOS/UEFI and make sure that USB isn't off.

4. tj3818

tj3818 Pen Pal - Newbie

The instructions I read for bringing up BIOS settings require a keyboard to be plugged in via OTG. Is there a way to access those settings without a USB keyboard connected?

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Nope. Sorry. They all date back to the good old days of DOS, a keyboard was a given.

6. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried going into settings>recovery>advanced restart>BIOS/uefi

Or something... Can't remember the exact settings names, but it's in there.