Buttons on C14X series monitor

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by gaidensensei, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaidensensei

gaidensensei Pen Pal - Newbie

This is probably a fairly simple question but I can't figure this out for the life of me, and I don't have a manual and can't find one on the internet/gateway's site unless I pay some third party site, which I think is pretty stupid since it should have probably been free somewhere once.

I have no idea what a couple of the buttons are supposed to do. I did a clean install of 7 on it, so that might be one of the things.

From left to right, I understand that it's.
    1. Rotate screen
    2. Brings up quick OS user menu
    3. ? This opens Windows Journal for me - is this right?
    4. This isn't doing anything

[​IMG]

Can someone enlighten me on what they originally supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

1. Yes
    2. ctrl-alt-del if I recall correctly. I would have to fire mine up to see if that is changeable.
    3. Standard is Journal. In the software for the buttons you can change this and press and hold is another action. I set mine for OneNote on press and Journal on press and hold.
    4. It does something your just not seeing it. It changes the action of the dial button next to it. This is also configurable in a limited way. There are two possibilities when clicking this button. Volume mode and display brightness mode. Don't remember the specifics, it also scrolls mode but not the other. Again, too late at night for me to fire it up and check for myself.

3. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The fourth button changes the D-Pad next to it as follows (assuming landscape mode, because one of the modes doesn't seem to orient itself properly):

Navigation mode:

-Up: Scroll up
    -Down: Scroll down
    -Left: Back
    -Right: Forward
    -Center: Enter

Volume/brightness mode (does not seem to orient properly):

-Up: Increase brightness
    -Down: Decrease brightness
    -Left: Lower volume
    -Right: Raise volume
    -Center: Mute

As for the other buttons:

-1: Rotate display
    -2: Ctrl-Alt-Del (The three-finger-salute, only at the press of just one finger!)
    -3: Windows Journal or Windows Mobility Center (Sadly, this is the ONLY button that can be remapped in the Tablet PC Settings. The old TC1100 sure offered a lot more flexibility here.)

4. clads01

clads01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. gaidensensei

gaidensensei Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, you guys hit the nail dead on. Not only I know what the buttons do now after trying, there's actually the manual on gateway's site.

Thanks much once again.

6. James Dozet

James Dozet Pen Pal - Newbie

Third button is assignable...typically Windows and forth button selects Mode for direction pad. Mode one is scrol up/down and go back/go forward and center is enter. Mode 2 is volumn/brightness. If you run Win XP V3 all bets are off for tablets.
    Jehed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.