Build 9926 (January Preview) Out

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Looks like they just put out a GPU driver update fixing that issue with hardware acceleration.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

It prevents the constant IE crashing, but on YouTube the Voice Sync was awful....

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ok I am done with windwos 10 , rolling back I really cant stand this anymore... its soooooo bad and I mainly use in tablet mode.

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I installed the graphics driver update on my Surface Pro 3 and it appears to have fixed hardware acceleration (tested with Sketchable app). But now Autodesk Sketchbook for Windows Tablet won't start. It worked ok, albeit slowly due to driver issue, prior to this graphics update.

5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well decided to keep windows 10 since my windows 8 was messed up..hope they have newer builds soon.

6. jhoff80

I am considering going back too. I was planning on gutting it out, even though I don't like it, so that I can experience the build updates (and things like Spartan browser, new Mail app, etc.) in full as they release as well as keep providing feedback on what Microsoft has ruined... but I'm having a lot of trouble with my Surface Pro 2's sleep mode. Sometimes I close the lid and it doesn't go into sleep, and I come back to the device and it's hot to the touch. And just as bad, sometimes I close it and it does sleep but then later it decides to come back on and I get the same issue. And between that and the fact that SettingSyncHost frequently gets stuck, using 30% CPU, my battery life is terrible, and my device is almost always warm.

For now, I'm shutting down the device before I put it in a bag or anything. I'm not sure my patience with that will continue to last though. I have a feeling that will depend on how long before we start seeing any updates.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Well, mms took away Cortana for me. I'm guessing this goes for everyone outside the U.S..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

8. jhoff80

The really sad thing is that tablet mode aside, the thing that is driving me most insane is what we already know they're not fixing.

OneDrive is a drastic downgrade. It's ridiculously useless now.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I haven't been following this. What is it that they have done?

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I am curious as well, and I'm also curious to know it anyone has enabled the Spartan rendering engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.