Build 9926 (January Preview) Out

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And I have to say that I am not finding much to like in 9926 that I have installed on a Yoga Pro 3. I am really glad that I didn't elect to install it on my ThinkPad 10...

2. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

So I did end up rolling back, and I have a word of caution to those who are deciding whether to install the January preview as their main OS: The rollback was fast (like, really fast,) but something isn't backwards compatible with the way the January Preview logs you into Live. The only indications that there was a problem were that I had no account picture, and if I clicked OneDrive it would give an error like "OneDrive could not log you in. Bad length." Googling it gave me nothing useful... some StackOverflow forum from a year ago about encryption.

If you do get this error, changing my Live password (and then updating it on both my other computers, my phone, and my XBox," seems to have solved the problem.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

One thing really driving me crazy is how YouTube is completely broken in this build. Can't load a video without a browser crash, and that's whether the experimental engine is turned on or off. The built-in Video player is also crashing, and I suspect the two are related, but I don't know for sure.

4. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

BTW how do you enable the experimental engine? under enable experimental web platform features its set for auto? unless I am missing the settings...

5. jhoff80

So, if you have it set to auto, that means that basically Microsoft is going to decide. They'll be automatically turning that on for a small number of testers, and so that's the default. If you set it to "Enabled" that forces it to be on. "Disabled" forces you on the old engine. Even with it enabled, that's not exactly what Spartan will be, but it's the basis for it.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Down grading the video driver back to the August or March driver fixes the video issue, there is a bug with Hardware Acceleration in the 4079 Driver....

8. jhoff80

I'm seeing a new build (9932) attempt (and then fail) to download/install, so I'd assume that's coming soon.

Edit: Fast 'ring' shows 9932, slow ring shows 9931. Neither successfully installs though.

Apparently it's a bug in tonight's update KB3035129, and 9931/9932 are internal to Microsoft only.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  9. jhoff80

Took jnjroach's advice, and finding a different Intel driver fixed the video crashing on my Surface Pro 2 thing. The problem was that most of the newer Intel drivers specifically block Windows 10 installations, and Intel doesn't link to older ones.

Anyway, I eventually found a link to the August version, and figured I should share here in case anyone has the same issue:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GR...is-HD-Graphics-Driver-1018103907-64-bit.shtml

You'd have to install through Device Manager though.

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

any time I play a video in IE, anywhere the sp3 fan kicks into high gear.... ohh the fun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.