Buggy 7130 replaced with 5130, works much better

Discussion in 'Dell' started by xrayzebra, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayzebra

xrayzebra Scribbler - Standard Member

I've made no secret of having a bad experience with a Venue 11 7130, I've posted on a number of issues. I made arrangements to return my very buggy 7130, as much as I hated to give up on it.

Against what I thought might be my better judgment, I picked up a 5130 from a local retailer, and what a difference! While the stylus still does not work well, the 5130 seems to be completely free of all the bugs I had with the 7130.

Screen sensitivity is not overly touchy, I'm not getting as many onscreen keyboard errors, and I worked with it on and off all day long yesterday and didn't experience a single freeze up.

If not for the stylus issues, I would be totally happy with this tablet. I haven't tested it against any resource hungry apps, but in general use for browsing and running spreadsheets, so far it seems to perform better than the 7130 did and is certainly more trouble free.

The difference is amazing. I'm wondering if anyone else has used both the 5130 and the 7130 has had similar experience?

2. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

I want to say the 7130 with the i5 4300u 8gb of ram and 256gb ssd seems to run a lot more stable than the i5 4210 4gb of ram and 126gb ssd. I haven't run into any of minor software issues I had. Stylus still works well too. I don't see the 4210 CpU option for sale anymore so maybe it was a hardware issue

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.