Brydge 12.3 Keyboard for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and Surface Pro 3 Hands On

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Administrator, Jan 5, 2017.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

for $130 when there is the TecNet Bluetooth trackpad-less keyboard that existed before for $30....so I guess the question is, is the trackpad worth $100 to you

kvoram likes this.
  3. jmthomas

jmthomas Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounded interesting till they said Bluetooth. Nope, no interest now.

Why not use an existing physical connection instead of tying up a BT channel, plus draining the tablet battery that much faster?

That is just lazy designing. Anyone can link a BT keyboard in, and for quite a bit less. Decent looking design, then they blow it using BT.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kneehowguys likes this.
  4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Would be fantastic if all keyboard clampshells had trackpad and trackpoints. If only kids knew

WillAdams likes this.
  5. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought a Brydge for my SP4. Paid $149 at B&H and received it in 2 days. It had initially been advertised for a pre-release price of $129. But that deal disappeared by the time it shipped. It truly turns the SP4 into more of a genuine laptop than the original type cover did. The latter was too floppy with the stand down, and made for difficult use except when on a hard, flat surface. With the Brydge, the SP4 is much like a Macbook Pro. The keyboard is very Mac-like, very tactile, and a bit noisy. There even is a key to having Mail popup. My only complaint is that it makes the SP4 VERY heavy. It becomes a brick, weight-wise. Brydge customer support told me they had to make it heavy to balance the tablet. The best 2-in-1 keyboard I have, though, is the one that comes with the HP Spectre X2 12". It also is aluminum but on a stiff fabric base and makes the X2 very light compared to the Brydge on the SP4. In any case, the Brydge does wonders for the SP4 compared to the original MSFT SP4 keyboard.

kvoram and Ed Hardy like this.
  6. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

IMG_2430.jpg

The Brydge 12.3 is compatible with the newly-announced Surface Pro (2017) because this computer has the same dimensions as its predecessors, the Surface Pro 4 and Pro 3.

7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I'd give a lot for a keyboard w/:

- cable (wireless can be optional, but please, I need another battery to manage like I need another hole in my head)
    - TrackPoint
    - slim size

Installing w/o requiring jumping through hoops would be nice as well (had to do some gyrations to get the USB TrackPoint keyboard which I recently purchased to work --- just with it were smaller or included an integrated stand/attachment for the tablet.

8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

A trackpoint would leave me seeing stars and rainbows. That's practically essential for me, and would open up a lot of possibilites with the Surface line, which I otherwise like a great deal. Would love to see that improvement.

WillAdams likes this.