Breathing new life into my TM2 with a Windows 8 compliant sensor fusion package. (Pictures!)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Maloo, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgedavidson

georgedavidson Pen Pal - Newbie

My salute to you, Maloo!

2. georgeslanglois

georgeslanglois G. Langlois

In a first moment, I thought I would find the final solution for the rotation problem when I started reading this topic. Then I got a little bit disappointed about your unsuccessful research for it. And then, I got simply amazed with your experiment. Congratulations! But I wish the card was cheaper..

I'd like to ask something regarding your windows 8 installation. You said you've installed
    1. HP ATI package sp50254.exe
    2. Intel ICH9 Chipset Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 sp46869.exe

Was it all? Did you install only windows 8 and those two packages?

How you managed to do that?

3. Greenlaw

Greenlaw I like pie.

I just happened to stumble on this thread today and--wow!--I'm very impressed with your accomplishment.

I'm a longtime tm2 user myself and this device still serves me well. I use mine everyday for writing, creating storyboards, drawing comics, and even working on cgi films. I'd love to try what you did for my tm2 but I don't trust myself to pull it off.

Nice work and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

G.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Maloo

Maloo Pen Pal - Newbie

Ultimately, I ended up doing a direct upgrade from Windows 7 using the original factory installation. This ensured that a lot of the OEM specific configuration HP did on that image stayed in place.

In my experience, if some graphical glitches don't bother you, just use the last graphics driver HP has up on their website. If you're picky like me, it's been an extremely difficult job working out good drivers to get this thing running properly. I can't even remember what I have installed now, to be honest. It doesn't always switch well, I had to set the switching software in compatibility mode for it to even start, and HDMI doesn't seem to work on the intel mode. But at least I can play borderlands on minimum graphics. :p

Greenlaw: Great to see someone still using these. I use mine for art as well, and switching between laptop and tablet modes without a hassle is a great plus for doing that.

Everyone else: Thanks for your interest and kind words. As for those of you wishing for me to help you install this into your laptop, I'm afraid I'm not comfortable doing that, since I can't cover the cost if I burn out one of those sensor boards! Not when my day job is tech support for a rather well known tech company.

I encourage everyone to keep experimenting. My next project will likely be putting in a 5Ghz wifi card, courtesy of the bios whitelist removal.

And, since someone asked me about the whitelisting, for those of you who aren't versed in the ways of Google-Fu, go check out bios-mods.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.