Breaking News - Intel "Quadcore" Processor to Boost Your Tablet PC

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Andrew, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wail

Wail Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry,

I am trying ever so hard to take it like I should, but I have to admit as much as I laugh at myself for falling for this after all the “maturity” I am supposed to have developed over the years, as much I am disappointed at the fact that there is not to be a Quadcore system.

Oh yes, I was really thinking how lucky I have been to hold back on getting the latest M400, and how wonderful a Quadcore would be with Vista. I was thinking about what new applications M$ would integrate with this power horse, voice recognition would be wonderful on something that powerful. You can’t begin to imagine how lucky and happy I felt.

Years ago I had contemplated getting a Xeon workstation with multiple processors (I am a heavy geek and no amount of computation power is ever enough for me); and with the news you broke out I thought that my dream for multi-core systems would finally materialise.

You see what you have done? You killed my dream; but alas I “felt” that Quadcore under my fingers in my mind’ eyes for the few hours that I was allowed to “experience” it, and I tell you it is one wonderful machine.

2. Wail

Wail Pen Pal - Newbie

Brian,

It is wonderful to read “others” who’ve fallen to this “old” game; the last time I fell for A. F. joke was when I was in my school days (last Century, and over 3 decades ago) … again, it was a fantasy dream that was crushed by my school-mates and sister. I still smile whenever I think back of it.

Still, I want that Quadcore so badly that I feel like a kid all over again ..

3. fabian

fabian Pen Pal - Newbie

I also fall for this A. F. joke. Was already thinking how long it takes to save money giving the fact that I recently bought a X41.

Anyway, can someone bring a QuadCore to market? But with more than just 4 something GHz. What about 4x 1.86 GHz? I'd buy it!

4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wail - I am happy that you had the chance to dream! Honestly we love the Core Duo M400 and our review is on its way. Here's the good news - you can trust everything I say for the next 364 days (until April 1st 2007). :rolleyes:

5. DragonFlame

DragonFlame Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

7. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

Barry, you are the oracle of mobile computing, and a jokester. I'm not sure which one first though.

;)

Big news indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.