Bought a new HP Tm2t genuine battery, need help

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by bunker buster, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunker buster

bunker buster Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys need your feedback. My old battery will last 3 hours so I ordered a new one hoping I can get 6-7 hours of battery life but instead I just got an additional 15 minutes.

Did they send me an old or defective unit?

2. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

If you got the i3 or i5 TM2 2nd gen series then the 3-4 hours is normal.
    With complete optimisation: reinstall, energy saving, low backlight, no wifi etc you can boost it to 5-6h.

The earlier Tm2 1st gen, dual core had 5-6 and with optimisation perhaps 6-7hours.

So I think your new one is ok.

Try installing batterybar or any other batttery monitoring software to check wear levels. After 1½ years of constant charge/recharge my wear level is about 17%, still giving me about 3hours of light surfing/notetaking/reading.

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Batteries start to wear down as soon as they're manufactured. One thing to check is when that battery was made, I think it's on the battery itself when it was made.

Then use some software as mentioned to find the wear. Mileage will vary, some apps don't report correctly. Batterybar for me reports 0% wear after 1.5 years so far, which I honestly cannot believe. If I calculate it, it's about 7% of wear for me so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.