Bottom site (Ad) bar

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by cmenice, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I see there is a new bottom bar that has all the social networking information for TabletPCreview. I also notice that it displays ads. Is there anyway to disable this? Don't you think the site has enough ads already?

I already have to scroll down on every page to read the actual content. It's very frustrating. I would rather pay a small membership fee every month to use the site than deal with all the ads.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

I'd like to add my endorsement to cmenice. This new site "enhancement" is really obnoxious!

It's bad enough that each page jumps down as the ads at the top fill in; now we have stuff intruding from the bottom of the screen as well.

Oh. And it "flashes," too! Very nice! And very distracting!

Like cmenice, I'd rather donate a monthly fee and get rid of all of the advertising...

3. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree also. Coming to this site and a few others is the total extent of my social networking interest.

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I logged onto the site today from a fresh computer and that bar jumped out from the screen and slapped me across the face!

However, thankfully, this removes the bar and pretty much all adverts. Wooo
    Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much)

... No-one should have to modify, install another browser with filters or any of that stuff to remove these annoying things but that's the way the web seems to be :( Shame.

Good luck out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.