Boox Nova 3 7.8” E-Ink EMR Tablet—Color too!

Discussion in 'eReaders' started by dellaster, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Do the Wacom One Pen works on the Boox? And it’s also compatible with the HP Zbook pen nibs? That should mean it would also work on the Rm.

Does it have two side buttons? Looks like. That would be very nice if true. The HP pen is nice, but has only one side button with an additional eraser on back.

2. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Yes, the Wacom One pen works great on my Boox Nova3 and the HP Zbook X2 nibs fit fine, no issues. One side button, not two. It works out of the box as an eraser on my Boox. No end eraser, of course.

I looked for a Zbook pen but it’s unobtainable, out of stock everywhere and nobody wants to sell their used one, apparently. I have a Samsung Tab S6 Lite S-Pen on order which Voja at My Deep Guide recommends most highly. He also recommends the grey Zbook nibs for it (they fit).

3. dellaster

My Samsung Tab S6 Lite S-Pen arrived three weeks ahead of Samsung’s estimate. Had I known I would have just waited instead of buying the Wacom One pen for the interim.

Anyway, with the Zbook X2 grey nib inserted I can certainly understand why My Deep Guide rated it the best pen/nib combo. Really nice; I especially like that I don’t have to press as hard to get the line to thicken as I write. Yeah, I’ll go with this one.

5A22FC7F-B405-44FA-A6A0-C4E3266FD651.jpeg

3971F36F-D460-46BA-8901-C94A873664CB.jpeg

The only problem is that it was too skinny for the pen loop on the cover. No clip, either. So I put a couple of staples in the loop to tighten it up. The pen won’t slip now. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Bronsky likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So, the Nova 3 Color is up for preorder @ $419.
    [​IMG]
    ONYX BOOX NOVA 3 Color E Reader :: ONYX BOOX electronic books I've posted in this thread instead of creating a separate thread as I'm not sure what the overall demand for these will be and the specs are so close to the b&w version.

Specs:

Display E Ink Kaleido Plus, 7,8", 4096 colors, touch(inductive Wacom + capacitive), resolution 1872x1404, pixel density - 300 ppi (100 ppi in color mode) with the SNOW Field function

Lighting MOON Light

Processor 8-core, 1.8 GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon Octacore 636)

RAM 3 GB (LPDDR4X)

Internal memory 32 GB (eMMC - looks like no mSD card)

Audio Speaker, microphone (speech to text app)

Wired interface USB Type-C

Supported file formats TXT, HTML, RTF, FB2, FB2.zip, DOC, DOCX, PRC, MOBI, CHM, PDB, EPUB, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PDF, DjVu, MP3, WAV, CBR, CBZ
    Wi-Fi Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac

Bluetooth 5.0, Wifi 802.11 b/g/n/ac +5g

Battery Li-Pol, 3150 mAh

Operating system Android 10.0

Size 197.3 × 137 × 7.7 mm

Color Black

Weight 265 gr

Comes with EMR Wacom pen in the box. Case is sold separately but is being offered as a free accessory with a set of extra tips. Website says US models shipping on March 8.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021 at 8:23 AM
    dellaster likes this.
  5. dellaster

@Bronsky - Yeah, it’s the Nova 3 with just the color added, looks like. $80 added to the price, too, but since I predicted $100 more it almost feels like a bargain. I definitely would have spent the extra when I bought my Nova 3. Oh well, color e-ink will be even nicer by the time I’m ready for upgrade. :thumbsup:

Bronsky likes this.
  6. dellaster

I altered the thread title and at the top of the first post I added a link to the color Nova write up by @Bronsky

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Preordered the Nova 3 Color!:vbcool:. The Samsung S6 Lite pen is no longer on sale. So, I'm holding on that upgrade for now. Will the Boox work with my Note 10 S Pen?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021 at 8:47 AM