Boot time delay tx2500 on an ssd

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Capp1688, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp1688

Capp1688 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all, could use some help with this because it is irking me.

I recently installed an intel X25-V on my computer. Everything goes down fine, I optimized it, installed windows 7, and the speed is incredible!

Well, except when I boot from a cold start, the microsoft "lights logo" takes about 25 seconds to appear (doesn't happen on a restart).

Anybody know how to solve this?

Thank you for your time.

2. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know how to fix it, but I did have the same exact issue (with a similar SSD). The logo took probably 5-15 seconds to appear for mine, but for a restart as far as I remeber.
    I can probably confirm that it's an issue with the laptop itself, since I put the SSD in another laptop (the tm2), and it started up much more quickly (same windows install and everything, no issues booting because of the hardware changes either).

3. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Tx2500, using an OCZ Vertex 60GB on win7 (vista before) and no issue on restart or cold start.

My guess is it's the Intel Drive coupled with the AMD chipset. Or if you're near 80% capacity that could be it also.

4. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

the intel drive + AMD chipset could be the reason, especially seeing as i don't have the problem with a different laptop (and the drive has ~3GB free of 37GB).

5. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

It could be hardware incompatibilities, but it can come down to small things like having a solid color background on your desktop! The thing is, there are a ton of possibilities stemming from a multitude of bugs. Just start troubleshooting.

6. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

Try to upgrade the ssd firmware and make sure you enable TRIM.

7. colmiak

colmiak Pen Pal - Newbie

curious, how long does yours take from a cold boot? mine takes around 35 to 45 secs give or take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.