bluetooth keyboards for V8P for $20-30?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by 8inches, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know of a good slim + small bluetooth keyboard with a "standard" key layout (e.g. Ctrl in the lower left hand corner)? So far the Microsoft Wedge keyboard is at the top of my list, though it would be nice if it was rechargeable (would make it slimmer since it wouldn't need AAAs). I've also got an Anker T320 (Amazon.com: Anker® T320 Ultrathin (4mm) Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 2 / 3 / 4), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in lithium battery / Aluminum Body: Computers & Accessories), but again it's got the function key where the control key "should" be.

2. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, jkenny - I've got the VERY similar iSharkk keyboard from Amazon - it looks just like your Anker. As described on the previous page here, I installed "Autohotkey" and used it to remap the "home" key to ESC and the 2nd Windows key to DEL. So that's one possibility for the keyboard you have.

I've read that the return rate of the Microsoft Wedge keyboards is pretty terrible. You can look around and read comments to learn more. I sort of would like a slightly bigger keyboard, and I'm lazily looking and thinking it might be a Logitech. They've been in the game a long, long time.

3. JacobH

JacobH Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the Wedge keyboard and have found the build quality to be very good so far. I probably haven't had it long enough to know if there are durability issues, but it seems good so far. I tried an HP K4000 which has a standard layout as well, and I liked that one too. I wound up returning that one because I didn't like the chiclet style keys as much. Because it does not have the chiclet keys, the Wedge keyboard manages to have larger keys than the HP, but it's still slightly smaller overall.

The battery compartment winds up being nice because it gives the keyboard a good angle when typing. The rest of the keyboard is still pretty slim and it hasn't caused me any problems for portability. With the included case and metal back, I feel comfortable just throwing it in my bag.

4. Millni6

Millni6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nevermind got it to work.

Anyone know how to do Ctrl-Alt-Del on this one?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Solitude

Solitude Pen Pal - Newbie

Bookmarking.

6. sman789

sman789 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been looking for a keyboard with a trackpad. I have a BT mouse but it's nice having to carry less. There's a few cases that strap the tablet in and use a kickstand but I think this one looks better quality, Perixx PERIDUO-880, Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad - Compatible with Windows and Android OS - Multi-touch Support with Windows 7 and 8 - Portable Cover with built-in Stand for Tablet and Smart Phone - Newegg.com. I may have to bit and be the first to buy. If only there was a Mobile Keyboard for the V8P like there is for the 11.

7. forbigger

forbigger Pen Pal - Newbie

i use this:
    Amazon.com: MoKo Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Dell Venue 8 PRO Windows Tablet & Venue 8 3830 Android Tablet, BLACK: Computers & Accessories

great keyboard. cheap and good, also clever design as the base of the keyboard is attached to the cover with magnet, so when I need to use it without the keyboard, just took off the keyboard and use the cover only.

so far no complaint. but some review I read, some of the keys stop working after sometimes. But the manufacturer replace it straight away.

8. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An interesting keyboard, that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.