bluetooth keyboards for V8P for $20-30?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by 8inches, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8inches

8inches Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw quite a few Bluetooth Keyboards for iPad going for around $20-$30. I wonder if they would work for my V8P?

I am specifically looking for keyboards that I can insert the V8P at an angle. e.g

Amazon.com: Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad 2 with Built-In Keyboard and Stand (920-003402): Computers & Accessories
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RDI0TU (need a coupon H2ORESIS to get the $30 price)

Have anyone tried something similar?

Also, I am a bit confused about USB charging the V8P. Does it require a special charger or special USB cable or both?

2. properdavid

properdavid Pen Pal - Newbie

3. 8inches

So I ended up buying a used Logitech iPad 2 Keyboard for $12.

P3271430.jpg

Bluetooth pairing is straight forward and reliable. Battery life seems good. The only thing I miss is the "Del" key. The "Delete" key on the keyboard is actually a Backspace. Backspace is more useful than Forward Delete but there just seems to have no Del key that I am used to.

Also, I hope the tablet can be tilted a little more backward at landscape mode. It is fine with portrait though.

4. 8inches

Turns out there is no "Esc" key either. In IE, the square / home button takes me back to home page instead of stop.

5. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, 8inches - I think that the ESC key is 1 or 01 (hex or DEC) since the dawn of computer terminal keyboards. You may be able to identify and remap whatever that keycode is to ESC. SharpKeys is an OSS application that does it without your having to go into the Registry.

SharpKeys - Home

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. 8inches

I'm considering using AutoHotKey instead as I have used it before and also do more that just remapping keys. However, at the moment, I can mostly do without the 2 keys.

One thing interesting is that the "cut" button actually brings up a pull up menu from where the start button used to be. Also seems like a service menu.

7. St. Lamar

Hmm... sounds like the "Power Menu" that comes from right-clicking in the lower left-hand corner. It's hard to hit with Classic Shell installed, so I hardly ever use it.

8. St. Lamar

Hi, 8inches - If you don't mind, how about posting an example script from AutoHotKey that changes a key assignment. I have the little Sharkk BT keyboard and mainly miss the ESC key on it. (The "home" key starts the web browser. Highly useful since I'm probably at Youtube watching cat videos or something full screen when I need it.)

Oh - and SharpKeys DID NOT work.

9. 8inches

10. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.