Bluestacks on Surface Pro 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by r11, Jun 30, 2014.

1. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And what has that to do with this?

Running Android Apps on a W10 Mobile device is a completely different story.
    W10 Mobile comes with a runtime that allows to run some Android software, but by fare not all.

2. Barstuck

Barstuck Pen Pal - Newbie

I referring to running Android Apps on my SPro3 (still on Win8.1).

The phone referral was just (unnecessary?) background info that I will be moving away from my only android device, but still want access to some of the apps.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

DuOS is the best emulator solution for Android, hands down. To install Android-x86, you'll need to feel comfortable modifying partitions and working with Grub bootloader. I can provide you with the Grub.cfg that works for the SP3. You'll need to learn everything else.

Native Android on these Core processors is ridiculously fast and smooth, makes picking up even a year old ARM device feel sluggish. Battery drains quite a bit faster though, emulator or not.

Barstuck likes this.
  4. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using DuOS for the last year, pretty much the first program I purchased after buying my SP3 and after reading about it.

TBH I have no real use for Android on my SP3, for all things Google docs etc... I tend to grab my Chromebook instead of my tablet.

But DuOS gets my vote if you want Android on your PC!

5. Barstuck

Barstuck Pen Pal - Newbie

DuOS has been working pretty good for me the last week, though it does make my SP3 run hot and kills the battery pretty quick.

Only real downside is that it is not free. :confused: