Bluebeam PDF Revu

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChrisRS, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

So far my favorite thing about PDF Revu is how quick and easy it is to zoom in to write a small note, and then zoom back out.

My next favorite thing is how text is vector based, and how when blend mode is off, the thickness of the ink is the same at all levels of zoom.

My least favorite thing is trying to move or resize annotations. Selections must be grouped first, otherwise only part of the selection will be affected.

My next least favorite thing is trying to switch between different pens. So far I've been using my toolbox, which takes up way too much screen real estate. It took me a while for me to figure out how to add a custom pen, yet the icon for my pen mocks me by showing a picture of a highlighter....for my pen.

2. mediaman

mediaman Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using PDFrevu for some time and am happy to help. (My work includes a patent work and interfacing.)

Quirk - non-customizable toolbar: as you use the view menu, tabs seem to appear in the order opened, though there's no real indicator of this

Quirk - overused screen real estate: Each tool palate can float or be placed along a screen edge. Once "stuck" to an edge, an arrow will appear to let you open or close the palate like a drawer

Quirk - too many clicks to use the input panel or can't access the open icon. I've added RitePen 3.0 for full screen entry, ability to set an I-beam within a textbox or other markup and just start writing, and some impressive accuracy and editing ability. The 2 apps play well together IF you either turn RitePen on and off as needed OR delay lifting the pen OR the object you happen to pick is recognized by RitePen as a control.

Quirk - broken line on erase - reported this to the company - very annoying

Quirk - too many clicks - am now testing various macro-and-corresponding-gesture recorders... which I'm hoping will be added to PDFrevu or RitePen

Surprise - highlighter markups accept notation boxes - just double click

Hope these help!!

3. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I uninstalled PDF Revu.
    Then I searched with the windows search for anything with Revu or Bluebeam, and deleted every file and folder it found.
    Then I used regedit and searched for anything with Revu or Bluebeam, too and removed every registry entry which was related to Bluebeam PDF Revu.
    Restarted the computer and installed PDF Revu again.

As far as I remember this was all I did. I don't think that I've searched for a different term than Bluebeam or Revu.

But maybe they've changed the way the trial works with version 6.5, because the version I used was 5.xx or 6.0. So it's possible that they made their trial check "safer"

Yep, I'm a computer god :D

5. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Frank,

No it didn't worked, they have probably fixed that.
    Anyway, I think I'm going to buy it (or ask Santa :D ).
    In only on month I became addicted to it.
    For me, working mainly with reporting results from special software and Auto Cad, it replaces a lot manual file conversion and time loss in batch processing.
    Bye bye Adobe....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Portege M700, Intel Core2 DUO, T8100 @ 2.1GHz, 2,0GB RAM
    Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
    MS Windows XP Professional SP3

6. rod88

rod88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have the installer of any version before 6.5?

7. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this is going to be my primary note taking software next semester. So much cleaner than onenote when printing since it's a defined area that can have added pages.

Plus, for $30 for the student version, you can't really go wrong.

8. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I bought the student version outside US from Cadopolis
    They also accept Paypal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. zanchin

zanchin Scribbler - Standard Member

In pdfrevu I cannot use the 2nd button of my pen as an eraser. The eraser end of the stylus works though. Any ideas how get the 2nd button working?

Another question is: Is there any real "fullscreen" in pdfrevu? Like in Onenote or pdfannotator?

10. zanchin

zanchin Scribbler - Standard Member

Any ideas?
    I just found out that when you press the second button on the stylus when you are not near the display and then enter the range of the digitizer still pressing the button you have the eraser. But then it doesn'T switch back to pen. To switch back to pen you have to get out and back in the digitizer range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.