Bluebeam PDF Revu

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChrisRS, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drnkusv

drnkusv Pen Pal - Newbie

So far I have installed it on a Surface Pro, which has a built in Wacom digitizer. Works quite well. Even honest to goodness pinch to zoom works, even while in inking mode.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Awesome, I'll try it on a 500T once I have a spare moment. Thanks for the tip!

3. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

It's really a great news, finally, some one implements what exactly we want.

4. testplayer

Are pinch/pan as smooth as windows 8 reader app?

5. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Indeed this is good news! It's just mind-boggling that none of these companies have implemented this feature that makes OneNote such a joy to use.

I'm using Revu 10 and, while I feel it's very good for inking and for my purpose has been completely bug free, it is very slow at opening up even small pdf files (slow enough that I don't use Revu as my default pdf reader). Is Revu 11 any faster at opening up pdf files?

6. JoeS

Ouch, I forgot their pricing. $180 for the basic version, or $90 with educational discount. Also: $10 for the iPad app. My guess is many of the one million Surface Pro users want something like the iPad app and don't really need the insanely long list of advanced features of the full version. I hope one of these companies finally makes a decent Metro version or an affordable touch optimized desktop version.

7. drnkusv

drnkusv Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, it's a matter of degree. Pinch/Pan is still not as smooth as the built in Windows 8 PDF reader -- but the fact that it works at all is a giant improvement, so I take it as a positive.

Bluebeam Revu is still a relatively slow and lumbering app -- even in version 11 -- and it does take longer than one would expect to load certain PDFs, and it is insanely expensive relative to the needs of most Surface Pro or other WIndows 8 tabelt users.

But it exists, it works pretty well, and in the end I get enough value out of it to justify the price.

8. testplayer

Just tried version 11. Pinch/pan is amazingly smooth, light years better than PDF Annotator, almost as smooth as windows 8 reader app. That's just awesome!

9. collegebum

collegebum Pen Pal - Newbie

Just installed Revu 11 on my ThinkPad tablet 2. The pinch and scrolling are pretty smooth but for some reason the inking is very shaky and looks jagged. The pressure sensitivity is also too sensitive so that when I'm writing a sentence, different letters will have different stroke thicknesses.

Anybody know how to tweak the settings in Revu to make the inking experience similar to Windows Journal/OneNote?

10. JoeS

Just tried it on my 500T. Ink doesn't look jagged here, but I agree the pressure curve could use some tweaking. I also miss touch flinging (in Revu the page stops moving when I let go instead of coasting for a while). For $90 educational it better be perfect though, which it isn't quite. I'll be hanging on to PDFA for a bit, hoping the MS Reader app shapes up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.