Bluebeam PDF Revu

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChrisRS, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishface

Fishface Scribbler - Standard Member

I've asked PDF Revu for two things in the last 2 years. Both not hard to do.

1. Fix the stupid "snap to vertical" problem with highlighting (20% of the time, when trying to constrain a horizontal highlight, it will constrain to vertical instead - PDF Annotator does this right, flawlessly).
    2. Separate touch from pen input, so you can annotate with pen and pan with finger.

No response on both issues, instead they're busy adding useless, heavyweight stuff that I really don't care about. Oh, and doubling the price, too.

The market is ripe for someone to make a better PDF annotation software... I really have to say both Revu and Annotator are not satisfactory.

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I agree. I've been searching for satisfactory pdf annotating for over a year now. PDF Annotator is nice, student price is decent, but has bugs that make me hesitant to spend money on it. Bluebleam Revu is great, but I'll never use most of its features, which makes its price (even the student pricing) far too high for me to swallow. And neither one has any decent touch integration.

3. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

As I said in another thread, only Microsoft knows and implements exactly what we want, although the windows 8 reader app is still very limited in functionality. However, unfortunately, I still cannot get pressure sensitivity in the reader app. I've already updated the reader to the latest version (6.2.9200.20523) and still no luck. Is it a requirement to install wacom driver? I thought this is a native windows program so wacom driver should not be needed...

4. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I might end up returning my ATIV smart pc for the lack of affordable PDF annotation software. Can't afford to spend $179 on top of the tablet pirice just for PDF app alone. Thinking about getting a Galaxy Note plus Repligo (1.99) for PDF. Then I am gonna miss Office and OneNote. PDF annotator is not very good in my testing so far. Stalled on my 300MB pdf (atom ATIV of course). Lack of proper palm rejection also. Not a good situation

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Palm rejection should work based on the pen drivers alone, so if you're not getting it that's not PDF Annotator's fault. Make sure you hover close enough with the pen (pointer should become visible) before laying down your hand. It takes some getting used to, but has become second nature to me. PDFA is my current choice for 'serious' annotation on a budget. As I mentioned in another thread, the iPad spurred the development of quite a few great PDF annotation apps, so I hope some of those developers are going to make the jump to Win8 development.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

6. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

7. JoeS

I haven't tried any files that large. You could email Grahl software and ask them about file size limits given available RAM. I mostly deal with few-page documents.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

8. Fishface

Fishface Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same experience with Annotator. Revu loads up 100MB e-textbooks smoothly, but Annotator chokes on them.

9. drnkusv

drnkusv Pen Pal - Newbie

I just downloaded and installed Bluebeam 11. It finally works where you can put it in ink mode and the pen will ink but you can scroll with touch without creating stray ink marks. Pretty sure this did not work last work in version 10. So that's progress!!

10. JoeS

That's great, I might have to give it a go. On what type of system did you try this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.