Bluebeam PDF Revu

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChrisRS, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The problem is, that the page background has no color, it's transparent, thus you can't change the color, which is kind of sad. I think I have to write them a mail :) Because I would like to do this, too.

2. Fishface

Fishface Scribbler - Standard Member

You've recently converted me from OneNote to doing everything in PDF form. Yesterday I experienced the joy of printing up my notes in quadruplicate for a meeting and just being able to read them off the page perfectly laid out. Never going back to OneNote again.

So I've started to amass a pile of handwritten PDF research notes and here I think I'm starting to like the access tab. The pin feature is great. However the main thing that is missing is the ability to add fields to the organization system. Right now it's exactly like Windows Explorer with no added usefulness.

I need:

1. Ability to add/quickly access titles and descriptions to your PDFs: Right now it's just a filename and a preview of the whole front page, quite useless; I can rename the file but I prefer my filenames to be short and unique (in case I want to email them, browse them in Explorer, etc) and my titles to be descriptive.
    2. Tags, dates, date modified, date added, related items (the new hyperlinking feature is very exciting, but adding related items as an item field would really rock since you won't have to navigate to the exact page to follow the hyperlink)
    3. Workspaces... why no workspaces? Click on one thing and it brings up all the PDFs you were working on opened to the right page and view. Great for people with multiple projects

So, great first step, I'm still waiting to see where they go with this.

3. ved79

ved79 Pen Pal - Newbie

What about creating shapes accurately? is there a way to draw a shape to save in tool chest to an exact dimension? without having to do it "freehand" in a way. I can pull up the grid but it still doesn't work. Currently my shapes are pretty bad. : / Ofcourse in Autocad it can be done, but a plugin or feature that would bring out a drawing pad for shapes that allows detailed drawing would be cool. :)

ved

4. Frank

I don't know exactly what you plan to do.

You can set the grid to a custom size, use the tools, like line, circle, polyline (convert to arc then) and draw very precise smooth shapes, similar to Corel Draw.
    http://bluebeam.com/web07/us/pdfs/tutorials/v8/arcs_curves.pdf

Or you can use the snapshot tool to 'copy' an already done shape to the toolchest:
    http://pdfinsider.com/2009/02/18/a-snippet-on-snapshot/
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showpost.php?p=147427&postcount=90

@Fishface
    nice to have a further PDF Revu user :) I hope you've sent them your ideas to their suggestions email address.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Sounds like a good candidate for a poll. Fullscreen mode with nothing visible but a movable customizable toolbar should be good enough for most users. This should be very easy for them to code. A flyout toolbar would be better, but I think that'd require more work.

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Re-quoting this because I had it happen to me again. I totally forgot about how to fix it, but fortunately I found this post again when I google'd my problem.

7. ChrisRS

ChrisRS Scribbler - Standard Member

Changing the background should be allowed.

Here is a possible (brute force) work around.
    1. Take a spapshot of the whole page.
    2. Paste it in and move it off to the side if the page. (On the field)
    3. Change the color of the snapshot you pasted in.
    4. Add a rectangle that covers the whole page.
    3. Set the Rectangle color to Black (or your desired color)
    4. Select the sanpshot
    5. Bring the snapshot to the front (Right-click, Order, Bring to front OR Ctrl-Shift-]
    6. Drag the snapshoot back into position.

Your milage may vary.

8. vitor

vitor Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All
    Does anyone knows if there's a way of changing view profiles with shortcut keys?

9. Ollec

Ollec Scribbler - Standard Member

Does Bluebeam allow us to search our handwritten notes?

10. Frank

don't know one

if you have the auto recognize text feature enabled, yes, as long as you don't flatten your markups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.