Blue Screen Of Death - Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000092, 0x1000195c, 0xaa661108, 0x00000000)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by SimsHsia, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oiramed

oiramed Pen Pal - Newbie

Blue Screen Of Death - Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000092, 0x1000195c, 0xaa661108, 0x00000000)

my pc started rebooting and rebooting...when i remove/uninstalled the kaspersky AV...

Sony Vaios VGC-RB30
    Proccessor: 2x Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    Video Card: Intel 82915G Express Chipset Family
    Operating System: MS Windows XP Professional
    Memory: 504MB RAM

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wrong place, this is a tablet PC support and discussion forum, not for desktop PCs...

3. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

That said, I get that problem on my Fujitsu T4220 =( albeit, the numbers may be different. Anyone else have that problem?

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Unless if we can read what exactly this tells us, all it shows is the affected memory address locations where the OS reported there's a fault (thus, the BSoD); that memory address could hold anything, Word, IE/FF, or in this case, Kaspersky AV (probably). Everyone's memory addresses (or random numbers with 0x000000 or something similar) will be different, because it is called random access memory for a reason. ;)

--

Hi lavenderpup (and oiramed if you revisit this topic),

Could you check out the Event Viewer - mainly the Event Viewer logs software errors, but it also logs in hardware errors. OK, here's the steps:

(oiramed, I suggest you boot into Safe Mode - press F8 BEFORE you see the Windows XP logo, then select the first option, to Boot into Safe Mode; then follow the steps below)

1.) Start -> Run
    2) Type in the following: eventvwr.msc
    3.) The Event Viewer will pop up, I'd suggest going into the System log first, and look out for any red error icons ([​IMG]) and yellow warning icons ([​IMG]) that have occurred around the time you received your BSoD.
    4.) Double click those listings to find more information about it, be it software- or hardware-related.
    5.) Do the same for the Application log, to see if an application is also causing your system to BSoD.

5. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

Hm.. well I do use Kaspersky.. o_O
    Although, the error only occurs when i'm using the computer at a secondary portrait or upside down or some odd combination.

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi lavenderpup,

Did you check the Event Viewer for the possible problem reported that gives you this error? If so, did it identify any program or file that causes it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.