Black screen on Toshiba M7 upon suspend/Resume

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by pitcherj, Jul 27, 2007.

1. WEBSRFRINMD

WEBSRFRINMD M200, M7

Has anyone run into the problem of seeing a "black screen" upon suspend/resume on an M7 when running Vista? I am running the latest Video driver on the Toshiba Web site and this is making it practically impossible for me to use my tablet PC in a mobile environment. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Diverite83

Diverite83 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not run into that problem yet. I have an M7 running vista ultimate.

3. WEBSRFRINMD

WEBSRFRINMD M200, M7

I am also running Vista Ultimate and really wish i can solve this problem. It is embarrassing to take my M7 out at a meeting and have everyone wait for me to restart my M7 because of the black screen.

4. bmassey

bmassey Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my screen going blank after recovering from a suspend (not hibernate). I also have an inability to attach a second monitor for presentations or extended desktop. Did you find a solution??

Brian

5. kerridge

kerridge Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I haven't got a fix for this but was able to work around it by converting the m7 to tablet mode, waiting a few seconds and converting back again. The screen comes back on for me after that.

Edit: - oops - this was a problem I have on XP - don't know if the solution will apply for Vista

6. diekenny

diekenny Pen Pal - Newbie

Which M7 are you each dealing with? Integrated graphics or NVidia?

7. pitcherj

pitcherj Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue as above. My M7 does not resume from sleep mode successfully. When it comes back I have a blank screen. The only way I've found around this problem is to wait until the system appears to be completely resumed and hibernate it. On resume from hibernation it comes back.

Tecra M7
    Bios version 1.7
    Windows Vista Business
    NVIDIA GPU
    2 GB ram

8. WEBSRFRINMD

WEBSRFRINMD M200, M7

I have the NVidia driver. What is the latest version of the NVidia driver? The version available on the Toshiba Web site is 2 months old and it is definitely buggy.

9. diekenny

diekenny Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe bios version 3.1 is the fix for this, though it's not available on the US website. I haven't noticed any issues with my nvidia M7 since upgrading with that. If you want to give it a shot, the link is:
    http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/files_downloads/ptm71c/vista/TecraM7-310-WIN.exe

Again, this is the nvidia M7 bios only. The link is from toshiba.ca.

The latest video driver that i'm aware of is 9813 released 4/4 on the US toshiba site.

10. pitcherj

pitcherj Pen Pal - Newbie

What I wonder now is if there is a special reason for that BIOS not to be available on the US site...