Bios

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Meatlocker, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I installed this last night and I've not noticed any difference in the touch waking issue. Did you update anything else?

3. Meatlocker

No. I have yet to try to compare what is on the website to what the product shipped with, other than the bios. I can't say that the impact was major on the touch - it has been slightly improved. It seems to stay awake longer for me and respond after one press instead of multiples if and when it does go to sleep.

Did you go through all of the drivers on the website? Anything else that is newer than what was shipped with (that you noticed/installed)?

4. heatlesssun

No I've not updated anything else as I didn't redialy notice anything that was newer like the BIOS. I'm working on checking out the rest of the drivers today.

Have you found anything that looks like a newer pen and touch driver?

5. Meatlocker

No, nothing has been posted to the support site for pen/touch for the TM2.

6. tim2u

tim2u Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice job Meatlocker,
    I was ready to pack up the Tm2 and send it back. The bios update definitely helped my timeout issues. The screen 'touch' capability use to 'timeout' after only 10 seconds or so. I'm testing now, but so far, it's gone at least 3 min without 'timeing out'. A definite improvement for me. I'll probably look through the bios and see if this is a variable anywhere (if we are lucky). FYI, it still seems to 'timeout' between 3-5 min for me (this may be a non-issue, time will tell)

7. heatlesssun

The BIOS is basic, there's nothing pen or screen related there. I really haven't noticed a difference in screen responsiveness with the new BIOS. However what I'm finding is that if my taps are more a little slower and more deliberate touch seems to work better overall.

In comparison to the tx2 this is definitely a down grade, the tx2 never exhibited this particular problem but the tm2 seems to be accurate. For instance I'm finding it easier to click on small link like page numbers is vBulletin.

8. E1000

E1000 Scribbler - Standard Member

Touch screen issue has been fixed - see the dedicated thread.

9. black88mx6

black88mx6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Had this in another thread and wanted to post it here. For me, enabling VT in the F.04 BIOS causes video corruption with the Intel Graphics card. Using the ATI card was ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.