Bios F.06!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Meatlocker, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for letting us know!

What are the install directions? If I recall correctly, the tech that remotely controlled my computer and downgraded me to version .04 just doubleclicked on the file. I can't remember if there was anything special. Would have been nice to know what was fixed or enhanced with this version, but they don't have any details.

3. prevenge

prevenge Pen Pal - Newbie

SWEET!
    I am going to wait for others to be guinea pigs, though. Go forth and prosper, guinea pigs. :)

4. soeharyo

soeharyo Pen Pal - Newbie

how nice :D

5. BlindWolf8

BlindWolf8 Comparer of tm2s

Just plug the laptop in, close all other programs and double click on the file. Let it shutdown naturally and just turn it on and you should be good to go.

Just updated from 05 to 06. I let it boot up and then shutdown once after the initial update shutdown. Hey...the ESC Startup Menu looks a bit sparser.

Only got F1/F2/F9/F10/F11/ENTER as options. Are we missing anything?

They still have backslashes instead of forward slashes on the HP Support address. :p

Went into Setup. Seems like the Diagnostics log is cleared. Huh...looks like any custom settings will need to be changed back to how you like 'em. (BIOS update basically did a factory reset on settings) No fun new options to tinker with. :(

That's all I've found.

6. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I know someone who lives (or lived) in Cherry Hill, NJ. I don't know how small the place is, but she's about 40ish years old. Maybe I'll PM you when I get my laptop back from HP, which leads me into....

I probably won't update. I'm backing up everything so I can send the tm2 to hp for repair in the box tomorrow. My battery is not charging and a new battery and new cord didn't fix anything. I'm interested to know if the bios fixes anything to do with that though...I'm on the fence. Hmmmm.

7. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

I am still testing...but initial results seem to indicate that my fan issue *may* be resolved. The 'fan always on' setting may be obeyed when it is set to 'disabled'. I would like another confirmation from someone else with the issue, however.

*Edit*
    From what I can tell fan-wise, they continue to run, however the speed may have been reduced, as it doesn't seem quite as loud. Which is not saying much, because even with fans on, this machine is pretty quite. However...I had F.02 on my first machine, and upgraded to F.04. With both, the machine was damn near silent. Hopefully HP can get it back to that state again.

8. paulbee

paulbee Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just upgraded and my fan is running, which I think it has been all along. Can anyone recommend a good tool for checking the internal temperature, and do we know at what temperatures we might expect the fan to run?

9. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Hardware Monitor from CPUID works great and it's free and you don't have to install!

http://cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

EDIT: I don't have my tm2 yet, but one of the first things I do when I get a new computer is remove the crappy thermal compound on the processor and replace it with Arctic Silver. On my current notebook Core i5 HP it changed the idle temps from 60C to 40C and load temps from 95C to 68C. Before the Arctic Silver, my fan was always on. This was a huge improvement and my fan doesn't come on most of the time now unless I have the laptop on a pillow which only goes up to 60C then back down again.

This info is probably invalid as it requires a good amount of technical skill and most people won't try it. I know I'll do that to my tm2 once I get it for sure. I'll take some before and after shots with load and idle of the temps.

10. dantedrac

dantedrac Pen Pal - Newbie

If you crack it open be sure to take some pictures! I know some people from another thread are wondering about the PPL chip so we will be able to overclock via setfsb. On a side note I installed the new bios as well. Everything is working fine for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.