[BIOS] EP121AS 501 [Modding Thread]

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Valkirie, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I think it might be time to retire the EP121 altogether...>>

...There's no question that, in its day, the 121 was a great device. Had a silo, too! But time and technology have moved on. It's time...

2. wicked1

wicked1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I know this is old..... But I'm still using my old ep121..
    Does anyone know if there's a way to tell if I'm already running the modded bios? I know I looked in to this years ago, but forgot if I did it. Do any ID's or anything change in the bios screens so I can tell?

3. Zeebo

Zeebo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I’ve been using a couple of ep121’s since they came out. One was dedicated to my boat as a low cost chart plotter.

Question 1: Re: CPU throttling - Is that mod EP121AS_704mod2.zip the right one, or do I try and bother CF77 for his?

Question 2: Does anyone have the problem that pinch/zoom became disabled somewhere along the set of WIN10 upgrades? I had it working well into WIN10 but after a while it wouldn’t work anymore.

4. zismation

zismation Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi-

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I've been checking out these forums over the past 9 years. I recently got my old ep121 back from a friend and it's running Windows 10. I've managed to download the 704mod2 bios, WinFlash and the ATK utility but I'm getting "Winflash does not support this BIOS update." when I run the command prompt for WinFlash with the /nodate flag.

I no longer have Windows 7 disks, is it still possible to flash this bios using Winflash under Windows 10?

Please excuse my ignorance!