[BIOS] EP121AS 501 [Modding Thread]

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Valkirie, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

just optimize..that is it..

2. Noi

Noi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey CFF7,
    I just bought an ep121 recently and was trolling this website and noticed that you've been a huge help to many people trouble shoot a lot of issues. Looking through the pages and pages of forums there just seems to be way too many conflicting ways on how to properly update the Bios. Perhaps it's really not that difficult and it's probably more to do with me being a complete noob when it comes to tech. With this said, I'm really desperate in improving the speed of the ep121 to run photoshop properly. Do you know of a step by step guide on how I can flash the bios with your custom bios mod? Keep in mind that i'm like a grandmother when it comes to computers. Also, how dangerous is it? Is it even worth it at all?

Update:
    Craziest thing just happened. I loaded the custom bios to a USB stick and powered off. When I turned it back on I couldn't for the life of me get the computer to boot in to bios mode. I kept hitting f2 but nothing would happen. I noticed that my computer had two updates so I that that was what was causing the conflict so I hit the instal update and restart button. When My computer came back on I decided to run a performance check and to my surprise my CPU rating went up to 5.6 from 2.9! Wtf just happened? I opened up Photoshop and like magic no more lag. I don't know what just happened but I'll take it lol.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. CF77

Not sure what you had done...lucky you did not brick EP121...
    I would use Winflash from ASUS....with minimum processes running or none.

4. MrChrister4

MrChrister4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I just purchased a new (refurb) B121 and would like to update to the moded bios. Can someone get me the proper files to flash, I can find an active link?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

5. CF77

should couple of pages back..
    link should be ok.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  6. MrChrister4

MrChrister4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oops... That link is active. I swear I tried it and it was dead the other day. Thanks again.
    One more quick question... Can I flash my B121 with the moded 704 (EP121) bios or is 603 the best I'm going to be able to do?

7. CF77

603 is best for b121.

8. SubDJ

SubDJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm posting here because I was thinking about reverting to the official 704 bios instead of the mod which I installed a while back. Basically I didn't notice any improved performance and these days I seem to not have any options to use bluetooth even though I keep re-installing the official drivers. I was double checking in the bios that it was enabled, but I don't seem to have advanced settings to turn bluetooth on or off in the bios. I'm gonna re read this thread about flashing back to the older version but I wanted to post first in case anyone has other suggestions.

9. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

I also had hard times trying to attach keyboard via BT but it's not related to the BIOS imo.
    Do a full windows update and turn on "visible to other devices" in BT icon in tray, near clock.

10. CF77

Bios has nothing to do with with bt... If see no performance improve...check if your bios is set "optimized"...