Bicycle accident on icy road, cracked screen sort of.

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Zimoich, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

Winter came late this year in Finland.
    On my way home I had a bad fall with my bike on an icy road. Tm2-2110 in my messenger back took a bad hit to the lower left of the screen. Cracked the aluminum from the screen about 1 mm in the corner and 2-3cm in each direction. Also got a a crack in the screen in the left corner, right between the plastic part of the screen and the black glass part, about 2cm up from the corner there is a distinctive white crackling mark. :(

Touch still works everywhere, haven´t tried the pen yet.

Now to the question which worry me most.
    Have anyone have similar damage and as for smartphones, will a crack in the tm2 screen spread and go black and loose functionality. Like willthe damaged area grow.

The laptop is still under warranty (ordered from amazon.de) 2yrs HP international warranty, though this isn´t something that that covers, right.

If it blacks out and spreads to the rest of the screen, I should have some sort of home insurance that should cover it. For a 400-500$ repair, I guess that is the best option.

Pictures on the way, for further diagnosis.

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

What you have to worry is the liquid crystals inside the LCD. Very old units use to contain biphenolic compound may have carcinogenic effect. You should just change the lcd out. Since it was sealed, not much warnings provided in the old days.

3. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

<iframe class='imgur-album' width='100%' height='550' frameborder='0' src="http://imgur.com/a/IG1is/embed"></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

Sry all, late reply with pictures.
    Click the right corner for closeups.

Old unit, well this computer is the tm2-2110 version with i5 from sept 2010.
    So I wouldn´t really call it an old unit yet. Though if we go by Moore's law then it´s of course old and ****ty. =D

So what do you think, will it spread. Cause troubles in the future or is it just be aware of the crack between screen and the aluminium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.