Best Tablet Under 1000

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by copekyle, Dec 17, 2006.

1. copekyle

copekyle Pen Pal - Newbie

First off- I know I'm asking alot for it to be under 1000 but I'm a student on a budget. So if you want to recommend something else, give me a price and I will save more money for that.

Now, like I said, I am a student and I am studying Electronic Engineering. I'd like to take some notes in class and do circuit diagrams on it. I've heard that alot of the Tablets lag when writing and this can't happen as I have a tough enough time writing as it is.

I also use my current laptop (which is dying) as a portable navigation system with an external GPS antenna. That is the main reason I am looking at a tablet because I was looking at getting a Tom-Tom but why not get the best of both worlds?

I was wondering if there is a tablet out there that has a modular bay that I can put an optical drive in it when I needed and then put a spare battery in it when I needed power. I've read that some can hold two batteries but can the modular bay do both?

Hard drive capacity is not an issue because I use an external drive for all music, videos, and larger files.

Any one have any ideas?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could look for a second hand Fujitsu T4210 or even a T4020.
    Both utilise the modular bay.

3. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Sub $1000 there are only the UMPCs but those are limited in their capabilities as laptops and are probably not what you are after. Even second hand $1000 is cutting it close for anything halfway decent. My advice would be to keep saving and be on the lookout for bargins. Shops unloading their old stock might get you a good deal. The T4210 if you can get it would be an good choice indeed. Excellent battery life. You probably would not need the extra battery.

Good luck.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

5. blademonkey

blademonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

6. ageorge98

ageorge98 MS Doc

7. copekyle

copekyle Pen Pal - Newbie

ok.... I've decided I want the R25-S3503. Where is the best place to get it? I used froogle and it didn't bring up the comp usa price (which is sold out). Anyone know a great place that has deals and good customer relations?

8. Saberwalk

Saberwalk Pen Pal - Newbie

There's a refurbished one available from Amazon.com. Just Google it for more choices.