Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Six months since the switch to an iPhone 6s+ and I still miss the WP OS and my old Lumia 920. But the reliability and utility of the Apple makes it more than worth it. Good luck with your conversion. :)

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

This post liked not from mTalk not on my Lumia 950XL :D

soh5 and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, some dude called Steve created the perfect bee hive:

It starts with the metamorphosis that is complete once the frontal extremities reach a certain size (capable of holding an iPhone). Then the mindless worker bees (fanboys) roam the fields (workplaces) collecting nectar ($$$) and bringing it back to either the local hives (stores) or the virtual mother hive (apple.com). The latter's physical representation is a build-in-progress in the shape of a honey-soaked donut (Campus) in Cupertino.
    The worker bee's lifespan is determined by its socioeconomic status (broke/credit card maxed out) and they often experience near-death scenarios. In contrast, the drones (tech "journalists") have only one cause of death (criticizing Apple) and can prolong their life indefinitely (continuous praise). Fertilizatioj of queen's (CEO) eggs happens multiple times a day (minimum quota for mentioning Apple in related or completely unrelated articles). The queen demands the drones' attendance to its fertilization orgies (keynotes) on a regular basis. The lifespan of a queen cannot be defined for certain as they are only into the second generation (Cook). Preliminary research (Jobs 2011) suggests a slightly shorter than the average human lifespan. Bees swarm sometimes as a result of an enemy attack (Apple-critical article) and can consist of both worker bees and drones. They only dissolve once the attacker (poster) can no longer be heard.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    jvloyola likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just found out something kind of interesting.....pardon taking the topic of disscuion away from its current topics and back to its core sentiment....

But I just found out that the Pro 4 gen Surface Pen's Eraser.....is actually compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.....not the eraser function itself...but the Surface Pens eraser end can be used in the same capacity as a traditional non-active capacitive stylus. I tested it on a couple other devices such as the iPad Pro and Note 10.1 2014....neither registers the surface pens eraser....but the Note 5 does. Granted it's almost irrelevant since the Note 5 has its own stylus....but I thought it was just an odd for that compatability to be shared between an EMR based device and an ES based pen.

kvoram, dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  6. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

The Surface pen eraser also works on my Note 4, Note Pro, original Note 10.1 and Tab A 10.1 with SPen.

7. dstrauss

On my GTA10SPen it only works if I select the eraser function by touch first, otherwise it tries to write.

8. dstrauss

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Bronsky likes this.
  9. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Reading rumors about iPhone 8 and the hardware design is even closer to the 950XL. Virtual buttons, face recognition, and OLED display...

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Funny, i just read about the Galaxy S8 which was rumored to get some kind of docking option to connect to an external screen, much like continuum. :)

This post typed from my bedside alarm clock: The Lumia 950XL

Bronsky likes this.