Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

But the headline got you to read the article - right? Ever since we blew up the USS Maine...

Kumabjorn likes this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Soo, Barcelona was canceled due to Coronavirus.
    Guess there were too many Chinese companies scheduled to display.

3. Cuhulin

Cuhulin Scribbler - Standard Member

"we blew up the USS Maine"....really?

Not questioning the headlines point of your comment - Hearst clearly used the events to sell newspapers and stoke the war, in order to sell more newspapers - but "we"?

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They canceled the entire Mobile World Congress?....damn....last week I heard Nvidia pulled out, but to cancel the whole thing......wow.

5. dstrauss

It's called hyperbole and exaggeration - in the revisionist era there were cries we blew up The Maine ourselves to take over Cuba - in reality it was probably a powder mag explosion - my point was just the attention grabbing headlines (click bait we now call them) is a part of American journalistic DNA...

6. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

More and more MS is looking like they made the right choice with the Duo in having two screens versus a single folding one.

This Verge review is pretty much the consensus on the Razr it seems. Now of course MS has to actually deliver and recent history (Pro X) leaves me both skeptical and hopeful.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/13/...ip-phone-verizon-price-camera-display-battery

PS: Makes me really curious about what will be found with the new Samsung Flip

daddyfish likes this.
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

At least spec & price wise the Flip will be better than the Razr seeing as the Flip will have a better camera(not just software processing but hardware too). It also has the better SD855 cpu vs 710 on the Razr all at a lower price. Build & durability on the other hand is still the unknown on the Flip.

daddyfish likes this.
  8. dstrauss

The Z Flip looks to be a lot better than the Razr or the Fold, and one would assume the Fold 2 will incorporate a lot of this, especially the ultra-thin flexible glass. However, I have to wonder if a vertical fold of this glass can handle the same stress as the shorter horizontal fold of the Flip. IF it can (big "if" #1) and IF it supports the S Pen (even bigger "if" #2), could it be the ultimate companion device for all of our PC's thanks to Your Phone? As much of an advocate I am of the dual screen solution, I have to admit a folding screen + Wacom EMR would be almost irresistible (despite costing 1/3 more than my laptop)....

Tams likes this.
  9. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think if there is anyone that has the ability to build a foldable display that works, it's Samsung. Two nuggets that our Samsung rep shared with us yesterday is that the screen tech in the flip is 2 generations ahead of what's used in the fold and that in her words " we are at least three years ahead of anyone else trying to do this".

Might be marketing , might be true, probably both

nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  10. daddyfish

daddyfish Pen Pal - Newbie

, what a crappy expensive phone lol, the flip z seems much better both spec wise & design wise (no thick chin). Though I would still prefer the Duo or Fold because you get more horizontal screen space which would actually allow someone to use it as a tablet.