Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The original Nokia was one of the most innovative forward looking companies in tech. Rarely has being absorbed by one of the Borgs (aka Google, Apple or Microsoft) so utterly took the life out of a company.

JoeS likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, then it should surprise you that I have returned the MacBook Pro 15 I ordered from B&H Photo - unopened - and I am waiting for the Yoga C940 to drop in early October:
    • 1oth gen i7 with Intel Iris Graphics (Project Athena certified)
    • 4k 14" 500 nit screen
    • 2xTB3 and 1 USB-A
    • Garage for my pen!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Great keyboard and trackpad
    • 3 lbs of solid aluminum

Bust my buttons - should always watch my hyperbole around your guys - but don't think it is the same as the interview demo Apple gave during yesterday's presentation

3. djas

djas Graffiti User

@dstrauss : You ordered a Mac?

PS: Don't ever change.... :) Love your passion.

JoeS likes this.
  4. dstrauss

Yep - but with B&H Photo (best prices hands down) "you break it (the shrinkwrap) and you own it" brought fear to the heart of this serial returner - so it went back unsullied.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hahaha! Love this post.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

djas likes this.
  6. desertlap

So I was so proud of myself yesterday. I talked myself out of buying the new iPhone pro 11, at least on release day...

However both my wife and daughter both decided they need upgrades (daughter is a budding videographer and also a switcher from a galaxy note ).

So two 11 pro Max 256GB models are on the way with matching leather cases, one space gray and one sliver/white.

My credit card is still groaning :)

nnthemperor and djas like this.
  7. djas

djas Graffiti User

My Mrs is still lamenting the lack of Pencil support on the new 11 so she is still holding on to her X. Which means the Note 9 is still in her possession. (Me crying in his Note 5)

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. desertlap

My daughter was really hoping for pencil support too since she is/was a note user, but ultimately the cameras swayed her to the iPhone anyway. She still has her tab s4 and her reasoning was that she uses the pen most extensively on her tablet anyway.

That being said, I still think she's in for a bit of adjustment again with IOS. I experienced the same in the reverse direction as I have been using a note 10+ full time for the last couple of weeks because of work.

PS: Not to try to sway you too much, but the new note 10 is a massive jump in every way over the note 5 which was the last note that I used extensively . Plus every note 5, 6 and 8 user in our office has upgraded :)

lovelaptops likes this.
  9. dstrauss

Lack of Pencil support was a real disappointment for me; so was the unfair price comparison - after trade in, with leather cases and taxes, an iPhone 11 Pro is $879; Galaxy Note 10 $450 (and I get the pen). I'm afraid the story is not yet over today as surely I should make a foolish Friday the 13th decision, shouldn't I?:confused::eek:

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. djas

djas Graffiti User

Yes. The Note 10 sure is compelling but I don't need it. I don't need the Note 5 either as perhaps you all know that I use a GTA8SP P205 as my edc but that fella is 7 hours flight away. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019