Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Nice. I've been using mine as a bedside alarm clock and e-reader. Perfect with the always-on clock, with auto switch to dim red font at night. The one downside is that Windows Hello doesn't recognize me in the morning. Fair enough I guess :D

djas likes this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What? You mean I didn't think of this totally on my own ????:eek::D

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

He is responsible for all first party hardware - that includes consumer and business/enterprise SKUs - but the Surface is the number one business under him.

4. desertlap

5. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So does that mean he's going to be more hands-off with the upcoming "heavy design" of the Surface Pro? (Sort of like a Steve Jobs/Jonny Ive style relationship in later Apple years.)

Dam, I always liked that Panos seemed more "on-the-ground" with the rest of the Surface team.

Anyone remember this vid? Look how intimate he was with all the materials and machinery. It felt like he was gonna bang out a new Surface right then-and-there! :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    JoeS likes this.
  6. desertlap

So I've at least temporarily joined the "alternate side?" Can't call it the darkside since MS cohorts like to refer to Apple as that.

Anyway as part of a 90 day project, me, my boss, and my VP are now Note 10+ users. Mines the aura silver version.

All ready a bit befuddled OS wise since I've been using an iPhone for so long, but I'm really liking the hardware , especially the display.
    @Bronsky , I'm going all in on the S-Pen, got any suggestions such as note taking apps or general tips?

PS: If you had told 1986 me who was thrilled with his 386 processor based desktop with 640 KB (that's kilobytes) RAM and a 20 MB (that's megabytes, aka a 8 minute MP3) hard drive that in 2019 I'd have a phone (!) with 12GB RAM and 512 GB RAM and a screen that has over 8 times the resolution (and Color!) and weighs less than a pound i'd have asked what you were smoking....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Bronsky likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'll be getting mine as soon as I find a deal that I like. I am going with the black 256 10+ 5G.

djas likes this.
  8. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Has anyone checked out the LG V50 dual screen?

(action starts @8:05 ;))

Cool, another clamshell phone design (perfect for gaming :D), but there's a twist⁠—the second screen is a case!

[​IMG]

And the screen addon is only $190! Is that not totally awesome? If they made this compatible with other phones, I could see this being a hit.

Tams, desertlap and djas like this.
  9. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Very cool.

One of life's great mysteries to me is why LG doesn't stick its affordable stylus (from its Stylo/Stylus series) into more of its phones. I've often thought that I don't need the precision and pressure sensitivity of the s pen on a smartphone-sized screen. But I do need to be able to write on it.

Tams likes this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nah! I've thought the opposite. Why even try if it's not a precision pen?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

bloodycape and dstrauss like this.