Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

This deserved far more than just a mere "Like"...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. djas

djas Graffiti User

@Marty @dstrauss :

"The One" That's why we are here discussing our hopes and expectations, isn't it? I'm a relative newbie here and might have missing the nuances of this forums.

I totally agree and I am too hoping for the ultimate TabletPC to come along that meet expectations; a machine that will merge into one the multitudes of devices that we found ourselves utilising daily that for one reason or another falls short of being the one.

I for one is extremely glad to go from 'left' to 'right':

20190815_231825_compress26.jpg

So close. If only the 'right' has cellular voice capabilty and is foldable ....lol

As this thread title is for best smartphone for a Surface, my Notes will have to tag along for now.

So close MS/Samsung. Merge my 2 devices together, why don't you? (sigh)

dstrauss likes this.
  3. dstrauss

Probably the ultimate kludge, but what about a Surface Go LTE (8gb/256gb) for business and iPad Pro 11 (512gb also LTE) for personal and light business use. Nearly identical system sizes; 2.27 lb combined weight; can use both with a USB-C charger (prefer the larger 29W Apple model); despite the never ending "which device is it on" problem, you'd have that with any laptop/tablet combo.

Wouldn't even suggest this if Surface Go 2 comes down with better processor, better battery, 11" screen, 16gb/512gb option, and LTE. I'm almost to the point abandoning my Apple tablet hopes IF MS or another OEM gave me the Surface Go form factor with these tweaks.

lovelaptops likes this.
  4. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't mean to interrupt but figured this was as good a thread as any.

Anybody heard of Infinix? Apparently they only sell in Asia and Africa, though they also had a foothold in Europe a few years ago.

They have an S-Pen clone called the X-pen. Their latest Note phone, the Note 6 Pro, has very interesting specs (setting aside the Mediatek processor). And one big advantage over Samsung: the screen is *flat.*

I don't know of any other phone with a digitizer (the LG stylo series is capacitive). Less than $200!

https://m.gsmarena.com/infinix_note_6-9761.php

Tams and Marty like this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

"The One" is very much a moving target.

Back in the day I had a job where I carried around a PowerBook 170. I was the envy of all my laptop toting peers with the super sharp active matrix monochrome screen :cool: and integrated trackball and that actually worked as my sole system.

Later on with the rise of cell phones "the one" was the Blackberry.

Maybe the problem is that there really isn't really a universally aspirational device anymore?
    Ok I'm going off the deep end here :)

Tams, djas and dstrauss like this.
  6. dstrauss

No @desertlap, you are actually on target, ESPECIALLY when we stop and realize that we are such a niche crowd around here. In fact, there are times I believe I should just go for broke, weld a kickstand on the back of my GB12; drill a hole in the side for an S-Pen; and stay where I am for a few years.

Anybody know how to dissipate the heat of an arc welder so I don't fry the electronics?

lovelaptops likes this.
  7. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You should call your new start up company Quixote Computing....

lovelaptops likes this.
  8. dstrauss

Already taken...I tried...

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Never heard of them. Great to see someone other than Samsung working on this concept. I/m sure it would be more than $200 if released in the US market.

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  10. dstrauss

Come on @Bronsky - just grab momma's iPhone, trade it in on that fancy new GN10+, and get her one of those overpriced iPhone 11's in a few weeks...

nnthemperor likes this.