Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks like it has something in common with Surface... one other tidbit from Ars Technica's photo caption:

[​IMG]

Obviously not quite like the Surface Book but still.

dellaster likes this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm actually surprised that they have such a small folding radius. I thought it would be a lot more Surface Book-like at the hinge. And they claim it can bend hundreds of thousands of times like that without wear. That's pretty amazing.

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah if that's really how it folds, that overcomes a lot of the concern about having a 'soft spot' in the middle of the display.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

dstrauss, Marty and dellaster like this.
  5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very nice specs. I'm drooling. Thickness and weight are big question marks, but if they aren't horrible this might be a hot seller among those with the cash.

I seriously suspect that Microsoft got some inside information on this device and that was a big factor in them putting Andromeda on hold.

dstrauss likes this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

This is VERY INTERESTING - look at the comparison of the Samsung X screen to an iPad Mini

SamsungvsiPadMini.JPG
    IF this is real, and IF they manage to add an S-Pen to this configuration, this really would be a game changer. I really have to believe the folded device is no where as thick as thc cover they were using to hide it in, but that alone was one of the MOST ANNOYING Samsung reveals ever - if they really can't show it, then why do what they did unless they feared the Google disclosure earlier in the day that Android will natively support folding screens like the upcoming Samsung phone...

AND - does this mean Andromeda has just been killed by Satya and company (remember they summarily killed Panos' other baby the Surface Mini)...

dellaster likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I would order one in a heartbeat if it had an SPen. Without it, I just don't know. I would probably stay with a Note 10 if they produce one in 5G. Otherwise, my Note 5 will turn 4 in my possession.

8. dstrauss

If it includes an S-Pen, my days with Apple are over! I guess you and I will have to arm wrestle for the 14 of them they will sell stateside (they are supposedly running only 100,000 screens for the first batch and you can bet the vast majority of them will be reserved for the home crowd.

Bronsky likes this.
  9. dstrauss

More enlightenment - Samsung X vs iPhone Xs Max

SamsungvsiPhoneXsMax.JPG

dellaster likes this.
  10. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

This reveal had probably been a while in the making and Samsung likely really wanted to be first. Now Royale beat them to that, but Royale's looked worse even though we got to see more. No point in cancelling the reveal though.