Best Smartphone Companion for Surface Devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

typing this using my 950XL on my 65" TV using continuum through a Microsoft miracast dongle on the TV. Screen looks like a PC right now. Got the creators update and I've enable device encryption including the 64GB SD card. Using Windows hello and loving it. I've never wanted a phone requiring a PIN to access. Window's hello is quite the ticket.

Bronsky and djas like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I hate to keep beating a dead horse (well, actually I don't - I PRAY someone from Microsoft is reading these forums) - but N-Trig was demoing a super-capacitor based rechargeable "stick" pen for phones and tablets FIVE YEARS AGO! I know the Surface team has much bigger research budgets and resources - PLUS it has been FIVE YEARS of pen tech advancements since then - why can't we have a pen in the frame, and pay the $100 premium for a better quality full time writing experience...just give us a basic writing device that is with us ALL OF THE TIME - like say in a Courier folding phablet?

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I hate to keep beating a dead horse...>>

...Dale: On behalf of the entire site, I will give you a super capacitor if you will temporarily... just temporarily... suspend this crusade. (Just a couple of months...???)

In the bigger picture, don't you think it would make more sense to wait until Microsoft gives us a better-performing pen (maybe the nSP pen will be it?) before we insist on them making it rechargeable...?

Bronsky likes this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

ok
    [​IMG]
    ...but you know I'm right...

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How dare you ask Microsoft for something that innovative, when Apple hasn't "invented" it yet?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  7. Steve S

8. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't understand the motivation for a rechargeable pen? Is it because there is some issue with the AAAA batteries in the current pens? Is it because the AAAA forces a minimum pen circumference?

My only pen/tablet experience comes from an HP TM2T and the SP2. Both of these are Wacom EMR.

The TM2T was big enough to silo the pen, but I don't miss the silo in the SP2. I just keep the pen in my jacket pocket.

Personally, I like the move away from rechargeables. I think they help to facilitate a certain planned obsolescence. I have an older Bose headset that runs on AAA batteries. I much prefer to feed it Eneloop rechargeables, instead of having yet another USB device to recharge. And I don't have to worry about what happens when the internal battery can no longer hold a charge.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  9. Steve S

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's the Thing that wouldn't die!:vbeek:

dstrauss likes this.