Best Smartphone and Tablet/2-in-1 Combination

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by dstrauss, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I can definitely tell Note 9 is faster with the brushes at bigger pixel sizes. But those are beyond sizes I do my sketching with so no practical impact while creating pieces.

darkmagistric likes this.
  2. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

I am curious and hopeful for when the Sliding / Rolling / Extensible OLED : Phone <> iPad/ Tablet type of device will become a market reality.

3. CaliA

CaliA Pen Pal - Newbie

does it make sense now to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
    or can anyone advise something newer and more worthwhile? and the approximate price?

WillAdams likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm thinking this will take at least one more year, maybe two. The demos at CES this year looked very prototyp-ey. Cool tech though.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I'll be getting my at the end of the week or early next week (most probably) so I will let you know once I've played around with it for a day or two.

6. CaliA

CaliA Pen Pal - Newbie

oh thanks, it would be great :)

7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I despair of replacing my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 which I (sort of) use w/ my Note 10+.

Seriously wondering if I shouldn't just switch to using either Android or Chrome OS and get one of the new units which supports EMR.

Is GraviT workable now? All I really need is a replacement for Macromedia Freehand.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Soo, now I've had it for a little while. As far as value for money spent it is worth it considering that they cost $100 more in Japan than the US. If you can find one for $250 at Costco or Walmart consider it a bargain.

Since it is a year old device the whole upgrade process was kind of tedious, but since I received it at 8 pm I just left it plugged in overnight. It came with a UK plug (from HK) and a useless plug adapter (since I have plenty it didn't bother me).

It is the cheapest Samsung 10.5" device on the market but I wouldn't say it shows except for perhaps the screen. Not a bad screen at all, but neither is it top of the line OLED. Small bezels make it look WAY more modern than my iPad.

The S/pen is bigger which is nice, it is also very, very light.

I got the 64 GB storage since it comes with a microSD tray and I expect to get a 256 GB card down the road. Right now it is zippy, but then again I haven't installed more than OneNote, Word, Acrobat Reader and Google Docs on it so far. As always Samsung provides plenty of bloatware, but their Notes app is very useuful these days. Syncing with OneNote is something of a hassle though.

It is heavier than my iPad, but balance is good so it isn't a bother to hold. Probably wouldn't want to scribble on it for more than 90 minutes though.

nyb72 likes this.