Best Phablet Companion for the Surface

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Aug 13, 2015.

?

Which phablet is the best companion for your Surface?

1. Lumia 950 XL

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Galaxy Note 5

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. iPhone 6s Plus

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Galaxy Note 4

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ya, I saw that concept last night. I'd buy that thing immediately.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

X3 is pretty much going into the those 7" or 8" budget tablets for android or windows now. I honestly would buy that x86 phone in a heart beat.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would be glad to buy this PC phone.

4. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

I would have just chocked it up to having a bad update on my end but, at this point, I don't think it's a coincidence especially when my S5 did the same thing with updating to Android 5.0.0 and so has the Note 4 units owned by two of my friends and my fiance. Granted, it's a small sample group but 4 out of 4 doesn't bode well. I don't think it's Android 5.x.x's fault but rather Samsung's.

That pretty much sums up why I want to go back. I want to be able to update my phone without worrying about it becoming a hot mess. I know Apple has released a couple of bad updates in the past but, so far, their record has been better for me compared to that of Samsung. Plus I might be getting old at this point because I'm done tinkering with stuff, I want it to just work so that I can move on and not have to worry. There isn't anything outside of Apple's walled garden that I want to do on my phone. I generally just use it for taking pictures, listening to music, surfing the net, browsing Facebook, some shopping, and reddit.

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well, not that it changes anything, but make it 4 out of 5 =P

I generally use my phone for simple stuff too, but sometimes even simple stuff was missing on iOS (granted it was years ago). It just seemed Apples philosophy didn't fit me as a customer. I definitely acknowledge that they make great products for their customers (those that either will get themselves into trouble outside a walled garden, or those that don't want to bother with the problems that come with a more open system), but I don't see myself as one of them. I felt the same way with WP8 (but without the app ecosystem). I get significantly more irritated when I can't do something I want to do than when I have to debug a problem. My experience at least has been that problems have been fairly infrequent with Android/Samsung, but obviously results vary.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

+1, although I would still love a true handwritten note taking option...

7. dstrauss

+1, although I would still love a true handwritten note taking option...

8. dstrauss

Samsung just announce a one month free (well, $1) trial, for iPhone only users, of either the GN 5 or 6 Edge - wonder if that will entice any switches?

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Does sound like a desperate cry for attention. In my view it is better to concentrate on offering a better technical solution, then people will come (except for the fanbois), not all iPhone users are religious about their devices. What surprised me was that Samsung will not offer the Note 5 in Europe. I guess Notes aren't selling well there.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

soh5 likes this.
  10. dstrauss

My thoughts exactly Kuma. A true hail Mary pass in football (that's the real football - :vbtongue:) terms.

I can't imagine it swaying too many iPhone 6 or 6 Plus users, even if they are close to year one on their contracts under the new AT&T 12 month replacement contract (where you basically never quit paying for your phone, you just keep rolling over leases).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.