Best performing convertible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Polar, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calvinnn

calvinnn Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking for a portable laptop with a touchscreen. I've been looking at the Fujitsu Lifebooks but they seem to have stuff I don't need and not all the stuff I do.

I'm looking for a decently high-performance laptop with a touchscreen (mainly for navigation- I'm not really gonna be taking notes) so I guess convertibles are the only option?

I want to run VMWare/Virtual PC so I need a powerful/fast processor. However, I don't anticipate any graphics intensive tasks. Optical drive is a welcome addition.

I've been looking at the Lifebook T4020D, Toshiba M400, and the X41. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Also, I came across this website selling the T4020D. The price as well as the website seem kinda shady.
    http://www.axusdigital.com/proddetail.php?prod=05530

What do you think?

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For raw power in a convertible, you can't beet the M400 at the moment. It's the only core duo model on the market.

3. joesciola

joesciola Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent website with very affordable prices. Diverse and expansive inventory. I took the 3-5 day ground shipping as it was the cheapest. The item was shipped on Monday and I received it around 1:30 on Wednesday, which is fantastic service by UPS. I plan to purchase additional items from AxusDigital.com and can strongly recommend them to any friends wanting purchases of similar types. I had to e-mail and cancel the first order as I changed my mind. The rep was helpful and friendly, and cancelled it immediately. I was able to quickly double check via computer to verify that.

4. kirby

kirby Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you should be aware that tablets/convertibles in 90% of cases are not touchscreen but instead use wacom digitisers behind the screen, making the only form of input with a wacom pen.

5. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you find the pen easier to use than a touchscreen?
    What reasons would this person have for wanting a touchscreen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.