Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

On an unrelated note, Acrobat DC supports pretty smooth inking now. The moment you put your pen down it says 'hey, you got a pen, let's do it'. Changing ink color is a pain though. Draw, it's red, select ink, change properties of the annotation. Right click the modified note, select 'make current properties default'. Enjoy new pen color. There's got to be a better way right?

Edit: there is, it's called "open the commenting toolbar"

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Kumabjorn likes this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yeah, it's like they want the free version to be so bad you'd never consider paying for the full version.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Actually I just found that if you open the commenting toolbar, you can change the pen color by hitting the paint bucket icon. It might be better if they show that toolbar the first time you put the pen down, with some info box on how to show it next time. No custom colors, no pressure sensitivity, and pretty ugle end-of-stroke rendering, but miles and miles better than in the old days.

WillAdams likes this.
  4. arg0

arg0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. Actually, I should have thanked you in my earlier post... Your summary helped me a lot in deciding which apps to try.

PS. I could find no paid version or Pro version of Xodo, and no way to donate some money to say thanks on their support pages. Does anyone know what's the business model of the Xodo company?

WillAdams and JoeS like this.
  5. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

The only feature Xodo needs is pressure sensitivity.

Selofain likes this.
  6. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

My Xodo keeps crashing when I run the app itself without opening specific PDF file. It show the recent tab for a while and then crashes.