Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

1. digital doctor

digital doctor Pen Pal - Newbie

So does PDF-XChange

Error [System]: The parameter is incorrect.

it opened fine in Chrome browser.

2. digital doctor

digital doctor Pen Pal - Newbie

https://www.pdfannotator.com/en/ has been a great app for me for a long time.

Xodo looks pretty interesting. I downloaded the Windows desktop version.

3. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

So far I like Xodo the best. They have the best pdf ink app in Galaxy Note too.

I hope there is a PDF App that can handle 4 pages facing views (I have the 28" Surface Studio, which is larger enough to display four pages side by side), and can ink at the same time. So far, I found only Foxit Reader can do that, but the inking is horrible.

Good inking apps (Xodo, Revu, Drawboard, PDF Annotator) only offers two page view side by side. Sigh...

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. wataru

Just found out that Adobe Acrobat CC supports inking and eraser on the Surface Pen!

Great times for us inkers, folks!

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Interesting point, hadn't considered that before, but obviously the opportunity is there and I'm sure others will support it, they just need to be made aware of the opportunity. Four pages at a time will give you much better overview and opens up new modes for working with documents.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Funny that Xodo allows you to see four pages at a time but only ink one.

7. wataru

Exactly! I am already addicted to working in Word with four pages side by side (actually 8 pages if you count the top and bottom rows). I never have to turn a page to see what I need to see, lol.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Xodo is improving, they partially fixed annotating across multiple pages - it works as long as the brush "command bar" isn't open, they partially fixed scrolling with the pen - after pressing the pen button you can use the pen to scroll with the scrollbar, but still no press-and-drag scrolling with pen button, and they fixed the can't-return-to-unsaved-tab issue.

Still lacking selecting and moving ink, adding and deleting pages from the page-view mode, pen size finer than 0.5pt, unified command bar.

Edit: "NO SMOOTHING" DOESN'T WORK ANY MORE. WHY.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  9. arg0

arg0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Downloaded Xodo today. The summary on the first post says:
    "Xodo Docs, Xodo (free) - link - Rating 4.1 / 5
    Offers ink, notes, text, signature, shapes. No distinction between pen and touch, and need to activate 'edit' mode to ink, and no panning while inking. Does not recognize the Surface Pro pen eraser."
    Mine (v.4.0.2) clearly does distinguish between finger and pen: I can pan and zoom with my fingers and annotate with the pen without switching tools. It also recognises the eraser of the Surface Book stylus. I guess it will now also be recognised on Surface Pro.

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Thanks, clearly I haven't been keeping up with the latest!

Edit: I updated the description of Xodo and moved it further up. The app has changed a lot since I first tried it!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017