Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnconnor92

johnconnor92 Pen Pal - Newbie

Drawboard recently updated their software and they removed the ability to add "custom" and "same size" pages. Is there a way for me to find the older versions of the app and downgrade to it? If someone has it, could you kindly email me a link to the installer? Thank you!

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Drawboard PDF is down to $5 until Jan 1 on Windows 10 devices.

3. edo101

edo101 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just logged in to say that I never had trouble with Drawboard until I annotated a big file on it and then tried to view it on another PDF reader like Adobe on desktop mode and my phones PDF. It lagged.

However after reading this board, I saw the tip to remove pressure sensitivity. This fixed everything lagwise on viewing annotated files on other apps. Drawboard is back to being my favorite so far. Its the closest to Onenote and it works perfectly.

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

May I suggest this thread be moved somewhere else, maybe in the software subforum?

5. lblb

For those out there who can afford it and are still enjoying the power, bug-freeness and overall greatness of Bluebeam Revu, it will apparently soon be cross-platform and available for Macs. From their recent newsletter:

"Launching in April, Bluebeam Revu Mac will unite project teams across operating systems and devices to push the limits of digital workflows. Revu Mac delivers the award-winning PDF editing, markup and collaboration capabilities found in our Windows application to Mac.

Annotate your documents with customizable markup and measurement tools and organize high-quality, smart PDFs using Revu's superior editing features. What will you achieve with Revu Mac?"​

6. lblb

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    WillAdams likes this.
  7. JoeS

I've been trying the beta. Some nice changes. The pressure sensitive ink (now always on) is very smooth. For me it leads to 'irregular handwriting' because the line thickness varies all over the place while I scribble. YMMV. For a while it looked like people in desktop mode would lose full screen inking, but thankfully they found a workaround for that. The erasing experience is a lot better IMO.

Maybe the scariest out of all changes: "Auto-save has been removed from Drawboard PDF, as this was a significant contributor to app lag and file corruption." So far the beta has been stable, but still, a productivity app without auto-save? I'm not thrilled about that.

8. lblb

I haven't had time to play with it yet, but indeed the loss of auto-save is bad. Hopefully, it will get re-introduced in a future release. I am not thrilled about the pressure sensitivity being always on as I really don't like that feature in any pdf annotation program. But the loss of support for anything before Win 10 is kind of a major bummer...

9. JoeS

Agreed on the pressure sensitive ink as I wrote above. I left a comment on this in this issue, hope they add that back in as an option.

10. JoeS

Wow, looks like they went live with this, less than two weeks after requesting beta feedback. :eek: Curious about the reception by unsuspecting users!

Edit: looks like mixed reviews..

upload_2016-3-29_17-35-33.png
    upload_2016-3-29_17-35-50.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.