Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Another drawboard fan here. Previously a PDF annotator 3 user on my tablet but found the scrolling with touch/pen to be cumbersome/jittery. There was too much going on with all the toolbars etc and full screen mode didn't work out for me with the layout. Great desktop app though and will likely keep using it on my laptop for some time.

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I was trying to prod them into answering here, but they seem to have gotten busy. So let's go with no. Is this a widely needed feature? I haven't seen it in academia.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, sounds like it doesn't support those. I'm not sure about widely-needed, but in most fields where digital signatures are regulated (such as by, for example, the FDA / CFR), something like it is necessary. In Adobe Reader, what it does is not only sign (plus date/timestamp, job title, company, etc.) it also locks down the rest of the document from being edited, and locks the signature to that document (otherwise certificate errors occur if one tries to modify it).

4. JoeS

That does sound like a useful feature. We do know that they see this forum, so hopefully they will consider it at some point. You could always suggest it on their uservoice page.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

There is a large demand for this in a number of professions. I use it all the time. We are debating the format of electronically filed documents ATM and are considering making it mandatory.

jhoff80 likes this.
  6. msplb74

msplb74 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there - I previously used Goodreader on an ipad and have found that OneNote on my TPYoga doesn't work well enough. Just used Drawboard (free trial) on the TPYoga and it seems to work absolutely fine. Also the palm rejection works fine just like on other progs (e.g. OneNote). Paul - you may either have a duff TPY, be putting the palm down prior to the pen as noted by someone else, or need to reinstall the Wacom drivers as I've had to do a couple of times when the machine has stopped recognising the pen (NB - I think this is connected to the disconnect routine when using a OneLink Pro dock).

Good luck, and thanks to others for the Drawboard suggestion.

cheers

Mark

7. JoeS

Surprise surprise, from a promo email by Grahl of PDF Annotator fame:

I'm glad they finally did it, but by now I'm fully on board with Drawboard PDF.

8. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

PDF annotator is a little way too much for what they offer .
    Drawboard PDF has come a long way to offer some nice features ...and can used in Metro mode .
    There is still a bit of lag though with Drawboard .

9. msplb74

msplb74 Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad you said that - thought that might just be me.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Drawboard update today that has made writing unusually laggy. It has made the program save and do other functions faster, but the lag is really tough to deal with. Am I the only one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.