Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul1508

paul1508 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using a Thinkpad Yoga with Wacom Digitizer and Windows 8.1 and I can't find any proper PDF annotation program. I tired most of the ones mentioned here but I am not satisfied with any of them.

The biggest problem is, that there is no palm rejection at all and at the moment when I place my hand on the display I zoom and pan uncontrolled around at the page... pretty annoying. A working palm rejection would be golden.
    Another thing which would solve the problem would be a shortcut for tuning off touch. I once saw a TV-techician with a tablet pc which also had pen and touch. As soon he used the pen on the display the touch was disabled. He had to double tap on the display with a finger in order to activate the touch again.

Drawboard looks quite usable except the problem with uncontrollable zooming and panning... and it looks like it has the highest delay between pen input and actually seeing it writen on the screen. Nevertheless it is one of the few which differentiates between pen and touch input...

Do you know if I can somehow activate palm rejection on a Windows 8.1 machine?

Thanks!

2. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

It should be on by default. Does palm rejection now work with any program???

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

FYI, today's Drawboard update returns tabbed document viewing as a feature.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Great feature. Makes the program so much easier to use. Drawboard has supplanted PDF annotator completely and I use Acrobat only when doing larger projects or more precise work.

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Does Drawboard support certificate/ digital ID -based digital signatures? I'd assume not, but just checking. We're slowly transitioning to those at my job, and I really would prefer not to have to install actual desktop Adobe Reader unless absolutely necessary.

6. paul1508

paul1508 Pen Pal - Newbie

It does not work at all on my Thinkpad Yoga... I don't find any option where I can set or unset palm rejection.

7. internalaudit

internalaudit Pen Pal - Newbie

Back to $4.99 again for the next five days!

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Palm rejection works quite well on my AVN8's Wacom in drawboard.

9. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Great thanks I liked the app but was put off by the price.

10. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Palm rejection is built into the wacom stylus technology. When the pen is near the surface it automatically ignores any other touch. Sounds like you are putting your hand on the screen first and then trying to write or you lift the stylus too far away from the screen while shifting your hand around. You'll have to adjust your writing style. Your thinkpad yoga could be faulty I guess but I doubt it. If nothing works I'd try getting a replacement as a last chance attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.