Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

For me it has always worked. Ink from PDFA shows up in MS Reader, in Metro Acrobat, in the desktop version of Acrobat, and more. If you want to make sure that it works for the software you need, use the trial version.

2. JoeS

Major update of Drawboard PDF today, introducing tabbed document view. Give it a whirl, and please report any bugs via email, and make feature suggestions via UserVoice.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Druid likes this.
  3. cparker09

cparker09 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I'm actually interested in this as well. I'm looking to pick up a Surface Pro 3 and this use case is basically what I intend to use my SP3 for. Manage and pull down PDFs using Zotero, then mark them up in some other software (with inking using the pen that comes with the Surface Pro ideally) and then have those changes save and presumably be seen and indexed by Zotero. I see that this question is about a month old, is there any more information on this front? I'm wondering if the fact that perhaps Drawboard doesn't convert the annotations into searchable text (which I think is what rechovi is saying is true in this "unrelated" question) is the reason Zotero doesn't pick up on the annotations like it would in a Foxit or Adobe Reader.

All of this stuff is really exciting, and I'd love to find the right software to fit the workflow I have in mind!

4. strikerbird

strikerbird Pen Pal - Newbie

Hope they can decrease the price again to 2 dollars.

SB

5. JoeS

I don't think that will happen. Maybe an occasional special at $7.99, but even as it is they're fighting to stay (become?) profitable. Apparently developing a PDF annotation app takes actual work. Who knew!

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What happened to the tabbed view in the latest ipdate on drawboard. Saw it once and it has disappeared. Did they roll back the update for some reason?

Sent from my TF810C using Tapatalk

7. JoeS

Yes, they had to roll that back because if several bugs that slipped through. I avoided rolling back, and I can tell you it's a good thing they retracted this version. So many bugs..

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. bunchofsage

bunchofsage Pen Pal - Newbie

Just found out that Drawboard PDF has a built-in 'Favorites Bar' that resembles iAnnotate's toolbar in terms of customizability. It's an addition to their I-dont-know-why-people-praise-it radial menu. See here, how to add tools to the favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_JxJlLLZj0

9. JoeS

Yeah, it's a great feature that they really should show on the first screenshot in the store. I use it ALL the time, so much so that I've requested an option to hide the radial menu. I just don't use that anymore. I've got my three pens, four markers, select, undo and redo on the favorites bar, and that's all I need. It's basically perfect, if only they could iron out all the bugs.

10. internalaudit

internalaudit Pen Pal - Newbie

So Acrobat XI Pro's Touch Mode suck in comparison to Drawboard PDF, even with a stylus?

Acrobat Help | What’s new in Acrobat XI
    How to use Acrobat XI on touch devices | Learn Acrobat XI | Adobe TV

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.