Best PDF annotation app in the Windows Store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JoeS, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Grahl has a 30 percent off Black Friday deal going right now for PDF annotator. Valid until Monday Dec 2.
    PDF Annotator homepage

2. GymHero

GymHero Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using Samsung XE500T with BlueBeam Revu 11.6, however the pdf loads slowly on my machine. Especially when I pan or scroll up and down pages, the page will refresh automatically with the content reload piece by piece. So I'm wondering did you use a special optimized configuration or is there anything wrong with my tablet? Since you said the panning is relatively smooth on your machine. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. JoeS

When I tried it on my Ativ 500T (on Win 8.0, maybe one or two Revu point releases ago?) it was pretty smooth without me having to do anything special. Do you have these issues with all PDFs, or only large ones with heavy graphics? I think with heavy graphics the rendering may have been slow, but the panning was acceptable for me. It's been a while though.

4. GymHero

GymHero Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately Revu runs slowly with all PDFs, on both Windows 8.0 and 8.1 OS. I guess it's the problem of software itself since Foxit desktop version and PDF-Xchange loads faster and smoother than it. Maybe I could try previous version to see if Revu runs better, Thank you :)

5. JoeS

FYI, the latest version of the still free Drawboard PDF app now supports two finger scroll on non-stylus mode (touch mode on the app bar). That means RT owners can single-finger ink and two-finger pan without changing modes.

They've also started implementing ink history, but that feature is still pretty rough: for now every stroke is a separate list item. To be continued.

6. anfederin

anfederin Pen Pal - Newbie

I tested all of them,..., and some of the desktop PDF editors (Bluebeam IMHO is the best one)...
    ...and now, without any dude, I think Drawboard is my definitive PDF editor!!!

It is the application that Microsoft Reader must to be.

JoeS likes this.
  7. JoeS

Agreed! The only problem I'm still having with it is that on my SP2 it often gets terminated after I switch to another app. They're working to fix that, but in the meantime I have lost a couple of annotations like that. So now I save often, which brings up another niggle: you have to hit a 'close' button after every save. Still, this is the best one for me as well, it's my default PDF reader and I haven't felt the need to switch back to the MS reader.

8. loveleeyoungae

loveleeyoungae Pen Pal - Newbie

In desktop mode, I think NitroPDF is best. For MetroUI, Drawback is my choice.

9. scotto

scotto Pen Pal - Newbie

Update: The pen quality in the latest version of Drawboard is vastly improved! The program still has some rough edges but it's now quite usable. In fact, I'm now using it for real work.

10. GymHero

GymHero Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here. Have to save before I switch to another app or desktop mode in case Drawboard terminated. And when I switch back open the pdf again it forgot which page I was reading last time. It's annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.