Best cleaner for tablet PC

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by convergent, Jul 21, 2017.

1. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm new to tablet PC and also touch screen computers. I've obviously had touch on phones, but I've always been kind of picky about people putting finger prints on my computer screen. Now that I'm using a Surface Pro, the fingerprints on the screen are driving me crazy. Can anyone recommend a good method or product for trying to keep the fingerprints in check? I am trying to wash my hands frequently, but that really doesn't do too much. I usually use my t-shirt or a microfiber cloth to wipe it but wondered if there were something better.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Microfiber cloth and demineralized water. Spray the water on the cloth, gently rub screen with wet part in circular motions, then with dry part in circular motions.

If you have anything tougher than finger grease on your display, try getting it off with finger grease. Never use anything abrasive or acidic/basic.

3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks... but the problem with that approach is its hard to do on the go. Any suggestions on a method that can be portable, or something to possibly wipe on the glass that would make it more resistant to fingerprints?

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

You can get an oleophobic screen protector. They definitely cut down on the amount of fingerprint cleaning I have to do.

Matte anti-glare screen protectors are also pretty fingerprint resistant, but those generally add an unacceptable amount of spackling to the image quality.