Best cheap tablet (£100 or lower)

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Jimbo81, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo81

Jimbo81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, I'm looking for a cheap tablet that I can travel with. Its probably the only time I'll use it but will be backpacking for a few months and want something just to check emails/browse etc. A decent battery life is pretty essential because it could be a day or two between being able to power up.
    I really am a shocking technophobe so any help would be greatly appreciated. Needs to support google too.
    Would people recommend the Huawei notebook 10 (9.6) or is there things better/cheaper for your buck?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mark Gonzales

Mark Gonzales Pen Pal - Newbie

Huawei is a good brand I would go for that without any doubt if I get no other options.

Jimbo81 likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'd go for something with a keyboard in a hard clamshell design.

Like one of those old 10" netbooks. I think the "Chromebook" line would work well; great battery life, clamshell tough, small and very affordable to the point of almost being disposable. They run Android and not Windows, but if you're on the road, you're not going to need heavy lifting software like Photoshop or whatever.

I've done a fair bit of travel, and I would guess you're not going to be spending much time at all on the machine, (there's so much else going on, after all), but when you need it, it's a lifesaver. -For hostel bookings, couch surfing and directions and keeping in touch with folks at home, etc.

You need it to be tough and small and light and straight forward.

If it were 2007, I'd say, "Asus eeePC!" (I had a little 10" one back then and loved it, and in fact sent it across Europe with a backpacker who told me upon return that it was an absolutely amazing device for that purpose.) Today, though I've not actually tried one, I'd go with a "Chromebook", the smaller the better.

Jimbo81 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.