Best case for Surface Pro?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by RZetlin, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

The Flipsteady does look pretty awesome. The price did make me cringe though. Do you ever have sales/discounts?

2. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Scribbler - Standard Member

This may be an obvious question but I will ask anyway. Are there any cases that allow the Pro to be docking while the case is on?

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think it would be possible, beside those plastic scratch resistance films that you can put around the SP2, because if it has any thickness, it would block the connectors of the dock from entering.

What I use, is a one of those laptop pouch/sleeve bags.the soft inside won't scratch the device. It will protect it against small drops, not large one.. at least one I have.
    I bought one for a 10.4inch laptop, despite the Surface Pro 2 being 10.6inch. It fitted nice with the keyboard. It's a bit taller, the sleeve, but that is fine. I don't put the pen, as I fear it will move inside and scratch things.
    The only mod I had to do (minor and just to be extra safe), I went to the dollar shop, and bought velcro strips. I don't care about the velcro system.. what I cared was the soft side the velcro system, as it's soft, and has, usually decent glue to stick on things. (i could have bought a pack of crafting foam paper, and glue.. but that would cost me 2$, instead of 1$... :)), and I cut to perfection and glued the soft side inside of the metal zip, just in the case that the zipper hits the Surface as I zip the pouch, it won't scratch the device.

Yes, I am the type of person that does this. Takes a sec, but I think it's worth it.

This is exactly what I bought:
    Init 10" Neoprene Tablet/Netbook Sleeve (NT-NB974) - Black : Laptop Sleeves - Future Shop
    Check out BestBuy if you are in the states... FutureShop is BestBuy in Canada, notice how the site is identical.. just red, instead of blue.

I am sure you can find something like this on amazon for cheaper.

4. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Looking at reviews for other SP2 cases, came across this video. Looks very versatile and light, albeit kinda plain. Apparently he's been developing it for a few months and is going to be doing a Kickstarter. The Manvex case, while is good for traveling and going places, I find it a little too bulky to use in bed doing some night/morning browsing. With this guy's case you wouldn't have to take the SP2 out and keep the variety of angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLJfx_Gq-Zk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUalXnmYyQGkCkVw68F6P9tg

5. Jim_E

Jim_E Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't own a touch cover or other keyboard (and never plan to); So if you are "stylus only", may I suggest the MetricUSA Microsoft Surface Pro Case? It's just a light, padded sleeve but if has a place to store your stylus (even of you've bought a bigger, fatter one, as I have) and it has an internal pocket for a cleaning cloth. And it's really cheap.

6. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

That proposed case has been around since August always coming soon. The current release is now sometime in April.

7. Lomir

Lomir Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks, disappointingly, I have discovered the Moko Rotatory Case to have issues concerning the heat-dissipation.
    When playing Hearthstone (or any other game) it's get's twice as hot as it would without the case.

The case makes no problems when runnung MS Office or "simple apps" but whenever you run a game (etc...) ist gets hotter than usual, also the fans have to work much harder (much more noise). My system remains stable but the back got very warm.

Now, I'm feeling uncomfortable with the Moko Rotatory Case and I'll not use it when gaming with my Surface Pro 2.Before writing any reviews you should test any case while gaming, heat dissipation remains an issue!

8. ch3wbacca

ch3wbacca Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking at getting the Snugg Leather Wallet:
    Amazon.com: Snugg Microsoft Surface 1 & 2 Leather Wallet Case in Brown for RT and Pro - High Quality Case with Card Slot, Pocket and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior: Computers & Accessories

But I also want to get a stylus holder that has a loop you put the pen through and a square that sticks onto the back of the surface:
    Amazon.com: Self Adhesive Pen Pencil Loop Holder Journal Book: Office Products

Does anyone know (particularly owners of the Snugg leather wallet) if the wallet will fit the surface pro 2, the type cover 2 and a stylus down the side (which is held in position by the stylus holder)?

9. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I'm just waiting now until I received this one that I order and since has been successfully funded
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisleung/freedomcase-adjustable-stand-and-case-for-microsof

Here's the confirmation email that I got.

Thanks to you, FreedomCase: Adjustable Stand & Case for Microsoft Surface by Chris Leung and the FreedomCase Team has been successfully funded!

Congratulations!
    Thanks to you and 2992 other backers, FreedomCase: Adjustable Stand & Case for Microsoft Surface has been successfully funded. We will now charge your credit card.
    Pledge Summary
    Amount pledged: $59.00 USD
    Reward: EARLY BIRD FREEDOMCASE IN BLACK PU LEATHER: Pledge early and you'll be the first to receive your choice of a fitted case for Surface RT/2 or Surface Pro/Pro 2 with exterior made of durable black PU leather. Limited quantities.
    Estimated delivery: Apr 2014
    Shipping:
    When your reward is ready, Chris Leung and the FreedomCase Team will send you a survey via email to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, T-shirt size, etc).

10. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.