Best case for Surface Pro?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by RZetlin, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RZetlin

RZetlin Scribbler - Standard Member

I am looking to get a case along with the Surface Pro 2,

I want to know which is the best case to get for the Surface Pro 2?

2. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you looking for a case for transport or one that protects it during use? If it is the former the Nixon Sleeve is excellent, fits the Pro with Type Cover comfortably and has a zipped pocket for your pens and something like the Arc Touch Mouse.

Nixon-Surface-Sleeve at MS Store

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    be77solo likes this.
  3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

This one is pretty cool, I used the RT version for me and my families' RT tablets, and my boss has the Pro case.

Amazon.com: Manvex Slim and Compact Leather Folio Case Cover for the Microsoft Surface PRO 1 Tablet with Windows 8 | Built-in Stand with Multiple Viewing Angles with Stylus Holder - Also compatible with the Type Cover and Touch Cover from Microsoft (

I don't use anything but my Ogio Newt 13 when I'm carrying both my Surface 2 and Pro 2 or I use Brenthaven Case if I'm carrying just my Pro 2

Brenthaven Case:

Amazon.com: Brenthaven Collins Tech Pack for Apple iPad and Tablets (1900101): Computers & Accessories

Ogio Newt 13

Amazon.com: OGIO Newt 13 Day Pack, Medium, Static: Sports & Outdoors

4. liebero3

liebero3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi jnjroach, thanks for your suggestions. Since you are a mod, i made a similar thread but wasn't able to delete it, after i recognized my mistake. Maybe you could do that?

One question to your manvex case: does it have a really small angle too? I really like to write on my tablets, when they are just a little bit off the table on the top side. I hope you understand what i mean, my english isn't that great:)

Thanks in advance,
    Liebero

5. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I'm not using the Manvex on any of my current gen machines, but with my RT you could get a slight angle for writing.

6. demandarin

demandarin Scribbler - Standard Member

I love the moko rotary case. Plus has lifetime warranty. Plus good price. Check it out.

Amazon.com: MoKo Rotatory Detachable Type / Touch Keyboard Cover Companion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Pro / Surface Pro 2 10.6" Inch Windows 8 Tablet, BLACK: Computers & Accessories

Also this is like multiple cases in one. The case can detach from the rest for a slimmer profile and has built in kickstand which is magnetically kept shut. Which I've noticed is similar to the new angle of pro2. Great for on the lap. Then has a built in strap on the back to put your hand through. Then if you want even more angles or portrait angles, attach the case the its other part. Very versatile. Plus has another another strap for when completely closed. Its a top notch case. I'd say similar to manvex one but even more capable and versatile.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

That is a sexy case- I love the rear handle idea. I wonder, has anybody tried the Capture case for Surface Pro on the Microsoft site? Basically the only reason it caught my eye is that the handle swivels, which intrigues me. Part of me thinks it would be amazing, part of me thinks it would be terrible.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm still waiting for the kickstarter case to be available.

9. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

Link?

And I've also been looking.
    For my thinkpad I had a Elecom Zeroshock III case, best protection I've ever seen in a case, only thing better would have been one of those Pelican cases lol.
    The Nixon looks interesting. Gonna see if they have it at the MS store when I go tomorrow.

10. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.