Best accessory for digital painters? yep!

Discussion in 'Artists' started by azelll, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

On their website I didn't see anything on back lit. On the macro side they state single presses can do a series of stuff, but I may assume you still need to press something else to trigger the special command and not the regular single character key. The advantage over the G13 is size, portability, you can actually see which key character you're pressing and BT connectivity. Strange I can't even find a manual for it on their website, perhaps you can email customer support...

That's too much cheddar to shred for my hobbyist endeavor but you professionals may justify the cost if it is as programmable as the G13.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys, long time no posting here.

Has anyone ever heard of Zeemote JS1 controller? I've just know about it recently and grabbed one for 5 quids on Amazon to replace my dead ps3 nav controller. It does seems to be a better alternative for the ps3 nav! Much more compact and hassle-free bluetooth connection. The bummer however is that its inclusive key binder program can emulate pretty much any hotkeys except for single key press of Ctrl, Alt and Shift!! Xpadder couldn't save the day since the JS1 wasn't recognized as a gamepad to begin with. I tried to contact the company but it seemed they have stepped out of business already. Truly grateful if anyone know a solution for this..

*edit: found a work-around. Zeekey actually CAN bind, for example, alt+T or shift+A etc. Therefore as long as these combinations do not conflict with any pre-defined hotkeys, they can be used to pick color, constraint image ratio while transforming just fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    stoneseeker likes this.
  3. Gleurk

Gleurk Pen Pal - Newbie

What about all those NFC buttons https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flic-the-wireless-smart-button?

I don;t know if they are cuztomizable on PC but it would be so good!!!!
    Six of them stick at the back of your tablet, a software that would receiving the inputs of the buttons and that would trigger a shortcut based on the active application....

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Duuuuude, that's cool. I'd love something like that. Does the SP3 have NFC? I've not really thought about that. Never had a use for it.

5. Gleurk

Gleurk Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if Sp3 got NFc, i've read some that say yes and other saying no... But this kind of solution would be the best...

6. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Very much like Dimple http://dimple.io/
    Man.. I wish there could be some sort of external NFC device for tablets that don't have one.

7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Very similar. It looks like dimple only works with android devices though, right?

8. ron2k_1

Yep. The dimple is so much more compact and easier to the eye. But couple things make it not a viable options for us Win users:
    1. You program the dimples with an Android app. So it seems that it is limited to that environment.

2. The SP3 has an integrated NFC chip, but it's disabled. (Step 16 from this teardown)
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Pro+3+Teardown/26595
    And because there are no NFC USB adapters, if your tablet comes with none, then these aren't for you.

3. The dimple are low frequency tags, so it means it need to be right next to the NFC chip to receive its command. However, the flip is an ugly sore of a button. It probably has some sort of coin battery to power such a long range coverage.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

9. Yoyobuae

Yoyobuae Pen Pal - Newbie

Is that "Idly Falling Feathers"? ;)

10. ron2k_1

I posted this here as well. I'm reposting on this thread so as to have all art peripheral options under one roof:
    So I got my Zeemote and I'm liking it!
    [​IMG]

And this is my custom setup. I just need to get a little nub sticker button for button C as it a bit too recessed for my middle finger's preference:
    [​IMG]

Ignore the VK?? those are the virtual key codes I was planning to send lblb to help me out mapping the keys without the help of Zeekey. However, I realized that the little bugger doesn't really connect unless Zeekey is running and for that matter I wouldn't bother him and just stick to Zeekey.

To map the keys you need the Zeekey utility. You need to connect it every time you start the program and you can create different profiles with different key maps. They will not switch automatically depending on software so you need to do that manually. This is my only set up now, I'll set other profiles for other softwares later on. Right now it was for testing. Note that Zeekey will not accept modifier keys by themselves, so for Shift I had to use "Shift + |" and for Alt "Alt `". All credit goes to cleft as he gave me all the tips and the Zeekey software.
    [​IMG]

Koryand'R, stoneseeker and T-ravisty like this.