Best 2 in 1 for running Windows 7 with stylus

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by lawrencegoodman, Aug 14, 2020.

1. lawrencegoodman

lawrencegoodman Pen Pal - Newbie

I am looking for a laptop with stylus that can reliably run windows 7 either through dual boot or virtual box and be used as a tablet with pen input. I have a Samsung laptop but when I use windows 7, the stylus doesn't work correctly. Has anyone had success running Windows 7 on a surface or other 2 in 1 laptop? Thanks.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I have a Samsung laptop but when I use windows 7, the stylus doesn't work correctly...>>

One of the problems with running old software on current hardware is driver incompatibilities. The hardware has progressed significantly from the days of Windows 7 and many of the associated drivers no longer fully support older versions of Windows.

IMO, your best bet would be to find a Windows 7 era convertible with it's OS and software intact, turn off Windows Update, and use that...

In any case, good luck with your quest.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Fujitsu T902 is king of that era IMO. The issue is certain new software wont run on Windows 7 anymore. Half of Adobe suite wont run on my T902 now.

thatcomicsguy likes this.